• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What can help hair grow back faster?

JRZLL

I took my cavalier Lucy to the groomers around 2 or 3 months ago and asked for her to be bathed, brushed dryed and hair on the paws trimmed etc but when i came back later to pick her up they had shaved her!! I was so disappointed because she had loverly soft long hair before and looked gorgeous!
Problem is her hair isnt growing back right. Its sticking up everywhere and makes her look like a big fat bear :lol: & it kind of makes her look really old, like 10 where she is only 5.

Is there anything i can do to help the hair grow back normally ?

this is her now:
hjfj028.jpg

thanks in advance :)

Oh what a shame :( she is very beautiful though :l*v:

Unfortunately once they are clipped the fur does tend to become coarse. Once it grows in the weight of the hair should mean it no longer stands out, if you leave it long.

Nothing really speeds up the growth of hair - it varies with the seasons. Obviously a good quality diet, and perhaps sardines a couple of times a week for the oils will help.

So sorry - I hope you made a fuss :mad: Sadly to late for you but we always say to people to leave very clear instructions about what they want done...

Yes what a shame!! but she is still very very very beautiful!!!
When we got Murphy we HAD to clip him all over..he was such a mess..! His fur has grown back curly and a bit dry..
Hes only just got his full coat back and we have had him now for 6/7months..Murphy had a bald patch on his belly and I found that massaging it with my hands (to circulate blood) helped it grow back alot quicker..and he now has no bald patch
I also heard regular bathing can help the fur grow quicker but this is not good as it washes away the natural oils in the dog's coat.
Hope this info helps

thanks for your quick replies

Im so mad that the groomers did this!:mad: Im never taken any of my dogs to groomers anymore, im just going to do it my self.

I guess i will just have to leave it to grow back its self.

This unfortunately happens *all the time* with groomers, who do not seem to known how to groom this breed and never bother to ask an owner how they want the dog groomed, which should have been an automatic initial question regardless! Shaving a cavalier is is the exact opposite of how they are supposed to be groomed, and should therefore only ever be done under the owner's special instructions, not as a norm. :bang:

I'd only ever leave a dog in to a groomers with careful and specific written instructions and a verbal explanation to make it absolutely clear I will personally bang them off a wall if they shave anything off my dogs... :rolleyes: The one time I left a dog in to be groomed with specific instructions to leave hair on the feet long, they trimmed it off completely -- so that was the last time mine ever went to a groomers.

I honestly cannot understand why groomers of all people do not know how to properly groom this breed in the UK or Ireland, given that it is one of the most popular and commonly-seen toy breeds in both. :confused:

Silvikrin Organic Hair Tonic works a treat. Haven't seen it around much lately, but if you manage to find some dont let the green colour put you off - it disappears (sp) on contact.

Back