• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Missing Cavalier Pup

Sabby

Mt friend just send this to me. Don't know if it's ok to post this on here?

PLEASE HELP!

"Flossie" has gone missing from Elm, in the Wisbech Area, Lincolnshire/cambridge on Saturday 3rd April 10.30am

She is a 1 year old Blenheim Bitch who is microchipped.

She belongs to a family with a special needs child who is distraught. Her family are spending every waking hour possible looking for her and as each day goes by they need more help.

Please print this photo and take it to your vet, training club, local shop even stick it to the lamp post outside your house.

Try and question every Cavalier of this age with the owners.

We must find her, so please pass on to everyone in your contact list and hurry, the longer we delay the harder it will be to find her.

Telephone: Sue - 01945 466238
Carol - 01945 700424

GetAttachment.aspx

I hope she's found soon!!! Is she usually a wonderer?? Thanks goodness she's microchipped..

So sorry to hear this

tell them to put the details to http://www.alfieslostdogs.com/

and http://www.doglost.co.uk/

also try to get the local media involved {sadly as there's a special needs child involved, they are likely to be more interested than a normal missing dog situation}

They need to put posters up everywhere they can, also to contact all the local rescues/pounds on a daily basis, visiting as many as they can {many may not know what a Cavalier looks like, so could say that they do not have one in}

Good luck

Flossie was found and will be returned to her family!! She was indeed stolen:

http://www.fenlandcitizen.co.uk/news/Reunited-at-last.6362506.jp

And another chance to again emphasise why cavaliers should never, ever, ever be left out in family gardens alone at ANY time. Please, please!

In both the UK and Ireland they are a number one target for thieves as they are readily sold on or bred from and can be left with a hellish life. Please keep yours safely indoors (as they are of course indoor dogs who can get quite distressed if left outside alone) and only out in the garden when someone is there actively watching. Because the breed is so friendly and small they are very easily taken in an instant.

So glad this little girl will have her loved dog back. :rah:

Thats great news:rah:

And a lesson to us all not to leave our cavs outside unwatched at any time.

I am so pleased she was found, I can't imagine how the family must have felt.:eek:
Unfortunately we have quite a bit of dog theft in this area for a number of different reasons.
When we got Molly and Dougall, the garden was fenced, security gates and cameras installed. I never let them out in the garden unless they are supervised and in addition to this I drive Graham around the bend if he so much takes his eyes off them for a second.:eek:

Glad she is home with her family. Over here in Australia, we do not have the problems that the UK and Ireland seem to have with Cavaliers being targeted by thieves. Mine are indoor dogs though but I do allow them to run around outside whilst we're inside.

So glad she has been found! How happy her family must be :)

I'm a firm believer that certain segments of society need to be removed from the gene pool. The robbers would qualify.

Thieves are a pretty wide gene pool however, with lots of different motivations! And by that rule, you would eliminate most of Australia and New Zealand and especially the Irish in Australia and other former colonies and countries (like the US and Canada), who were regularly deported (or fled in fear of prosecution) for theft and other crimes.... :lol: More seriously -- leaving dogs outside alone, especially a small friendly breed with profitable puppies like the cavalier, is simply asking for a catastrophe in many places. In the UK, Ireland and US you regularly see articles about stolen cavaliers. The police here in Ireland have confirmed before that they are one of the most stolen breeds.

I know UK police have said that a microchip is about the ONLY way to confirm ownership and prosecute a theft, so owners, be sure to chip your dogs. Also, neutering pet dogs, and getting tags that clearly state the dog is neutered and chipped also help because then it is clear they are of no use for breeding and can also be tracked. That's my advice to all. :)

Hi

I hope as a helpful deterrent all my four have tags on their collars "Chipped and Neutered " which they all are, but I suppose that wouldn't deter thieves who cant read .:confused:

Back