Thread: A whopping 752 in donations in ONE DAY!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Cool A whopping 752 in donations in ONE DAY!!!

Today SM researchers were gobsmacked to get a whopping 752 in donations on a single day towards Rupert's Fund!

A huge thanks to all on behalf of researchers (and all cavaliers!) to these and to the many kind donors to date to the fund -- raising funds to MRI scan older cavaliers for the conclusion of the SM genome project.

A special thanks goes to longtime UK breeders Joy and Alan Reid who kindly gave an extraordinary 500 of the amount received by post today. Special thanks also go to our very own Tania of Cavaliermatters.org and to the lovely cavalier performing group Clever Cavaliers who together provided an additional 252 today through their fundraising efforts.

As of today the fund is just shy of an incredible 3000 which means we have funded 16 cavaliers to be MRI scanned for this project!! Our current total is 2,947, raised in two months. We continue to fundraise and welcome any donation of any size from anywhere in the world. Researchers would welcome enquiries from UK-region cavalier owners who believe they may have an SM-clear older, registered dog (aged 6+). More information on donating, the fund, and scanning is at www.rupertsfund.com.

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh my goodness that is just incredible - what a huge boost to the fund

I read today the website of a well known health conscious breeder. They are MRI scanning all their dogs, any that don't quite come up the standard they require to want to breed on from, they are rehoming, asking for a very small amount of money for themselves {to fund future scans} and then a donation to Rupert's Fund of 200 (preferably, or 100 if two is too much).

I think that is a wonderful thing to so - well done to them.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow! That is amazingly generous.

This is such great news. Dr Clare Rusbridge mentioned this week that these donations are really exciting for the research as the end of the genome work is very close and if they have some further DNA samples and a few more clear dogs, it will really make a huge difference to what they are doing.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Karlin View Post
    As of today the fund is just shy of an incredible 3000 which means we have funded 16 cavaliers to be MRI scanned for this project!! Our current total is 2,947, raised in two months. We continue to fundraise and welcome any donation of any size from anywhere in the world. Researchers would welcome enquiries from UK-region cavalier owners who believe they may have an SM-clear older, registered dog (aged 6+). More information on donating, the fund, and scanning is at www.rupertsfund.com.

Hello Karlin,

I haave just sent 70 from eBay items etc. so 3,000 has been reached.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

That's amazing news, well done Karlin & everyone involved!
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

Wow!! That is absolutely amazing For us U.S. people...that is a little over $4,500.00....absolutely fabulous!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I want to set up a donor's page on the website, with people's permission -- we will be asking if we can acknowledge each contributor (or you can remain anonymous) though I won't put specific amounts.

Some donations have been quite generous though too and I also would like to be able to have a circle of acknowledgement above a certain level, of 100 and above, as several such amounts from individuals and fundraisers have helped push the fund to the current levels and this has been especially kind.

Penny and I will contact people to see if they are happy to be listed. If not, that is perfectly fine too!

We felt that given the number of contributors now it would be nice to indicate who has helped support this initiative.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

And we have crossed over 3,000 now to 3,137, which means 18 dogs can now be funded for scans.
    Karlin