• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A whopping £752 in donations in ONE DAY!!!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Today SM researchers were gobsmacked to get a whopping £752 in donations on a single day towards Rupert's Fund! :)

A huge thanks to all on behalf of researchers (and all cavaliers!) to these and to the many kind donors to date to the fund -- raising funds to MRI scan older cavaliers for the conclusion of the SM genome project.

A special thanks goes to longtime UK breeders Joy and Alan Reid who kindly gave an extraordinary £500 of the amount received by post today. Special thanks also go to our very own Tania of Cavaliermatters.org and to the lovely cavalier performing group Clever Cavaliers who together provided an additional £252 today through their fundraising efforts.

As of today the fund is just shy of an incredible £3000 which means we have funded 16 cavaliers to be MRI scanned for this project!! Our current total is £2,947, raised in two months. We continue to fundraise and welcome any donation of any size from anywhere in the world. Researchers would welcome enquiries from UK-region cavalier owners who believe they may have an SM-clear older, registered dog (aged 6+). More information on donating, the fund, and scanning is at www.rupertsfund.com.

:jmp2:

Oh my goodness that is just incredible - what a huge boost to the fund :thnku::thnku::thnku:

I read today the website of a well known health conscious breeder. They are MRI scanning all their dogs, any that don't quite come up the standard they require to want to breed on from, they are rehoming, asking for a very small amount of money for themselves {to fund future scans} and then a donation to Rupert's Fund of £200 (preferably, or £100 if two is too much).

I think that is a wonderful thing to so - well done to them.

Wow! That is amazingly generous. b*n*n*

This is such great news. Dr Clare Rusbridge mentioned this week that these donations are really exciting for the research as the end of the genome work is very close and if they have some further DNA samples and a few more clear dogs, it will really make a huge difference to what they are doing.

As of today the fund is just shy of an incredible £3000 which means we have funded 16 cavaliers to be MRI scanned for this project!! Our current total is £2,947, raised in two months. We continue to fundraise and welcome any donation of any size from anywhere in the world. Researchers would welcome enquiries from UK-region cavalier owners who believe they may have an SM-clear older, registered dog (aged 6+). More information on donating, the fund, and scanning is at www.rupertsfund.com.

:jmp2:

Hello Karlin,

I haave just sent £70 from eBay items etc. so £3,000 has been reached. :smile:

Wow!! That is absolutely amazing b*n*n*For us U.S. people...that is a little over $4,500.00....absolutely fabulous!!

I want to set up a donor's page on the website, with people's permission -- we will be asking if we can acknowledge each contributor (or you can remain anonymous) though I won't put specific amounts.

Some donations have been quite generous though too and I also would like to be able to have a circle of acknowledgement above a certain level, of £100 and above, as several such amounts from individuals and fundraisers have helped push the fund to the current levels and this has been especially kind.

Penny and I will contact people to see if they are happy to be listed. If not, that is perfectly fine too! :)

We felt that given the number of contributors now it would be nice to indicate who has helped support this initiative.

And we have crossed over £3,000 now to £3,137, which means 18 dogs can now be funded for scans. cl*pcl*p

Back