• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can SM meds cause swollen lymph glands?

Kathleen

For a while now, Jade has has swollen lymph glands (just under her chin on both sides.) I went to the vet who said she was probably allergic to the food I had just started giving her. I changed back to the previous food, but the glands are still swollen. I was wondering if Prednisolone, Gabapentin or Furosemide could be the cause? I will take her back to the vet and see if there is an ear infection or some other problem. Any thoughts????

Thanks
Kathleen

Hi Kathleen: the short answer is I don;t know. I haven't heard of this happening -- I would guess it is more likely to be caused by something else. Did the vet feel they were definitely swollen? maybe it could be allergy but not to food?

I found this good summary of potential causes of swollen lymph glands -- but it could easily be many many things!

http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/endocrine/c_multi_lymphadenopathy

Sorry to hear about Jade - I've not heard about this as a side effect before, nor experienced it.

It does sound more like a low grade infection of some kind.

Back