• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Chloe a Brave Little Dog

Tania

This lady is in trouble with her little Chloe. Chloe was diagnosed with MVD 4 years ago, approximately six months ago Chloe started showing severe signs of SM. The Vet has never heard of SM and refuses to treat or investigate further. Unfortunately Janet lost her husband a few months back and Chloe is not insured. I suggested she changed vets but where she lives is fairly isolated and this would prove difficult. Janet is not on the internet, she has had help from a neighbour who has shown her Cavalier Matters and this forum. After looking at the two sites she phoned and was very grateful and didn't feel quite so alone. I have sent her the treatment chart from Clare Rusbridge and a few other bits to help her with her battle. Janet sent this to me, even though it was few years back I thought you would like to see this article about Chloe.

4568472778_e23ccc5745_b.jpg

That's an amzing story and how sad that the vets do not want to know :mad::(

Well done you for passing on information - hopefully if she takes that in then the vet will listen.

If it's a case of finances, it might even be worth them contacting Bonio and seeing if they would help...good PR for them. Otherwise Tailwaggers http://www.tailwaggersclubtrust.com/ might be able to help. {Or obviously PDSA or Blue Cross}

or Dogs Today magazine, they have appeals for this sort of thing too...

What a nice story! Sad to hear about Chloe showing signs of SM though. Please keep us updated on how things go...

That's an amzing story and how sad that the vets do not want to know :mad::(

Well done you for passing on information - hopefully if she takes that in then the vet will listen.

If it's a case of finances, it might even be worth them contacting Bonio and seeing if they would help...good PR for them. Otherwise Tailwaggers http://www.tailwaggersclubtrust.com/ might be able to help. {Or obviously PDSA or Blue Cross}

or Dogs Today magazine, they have appeals for this sort of thing too...

Thanks Nicki for the ideas, will certainly pass them on and will obviosuly try and help.

What a nice story! Sad to hear about Chloe showing signs of SM though. Please keep us updated on how things go...

I received a "Sweet Pillow" in the post this morning! It took me by suprise and eventually I found the note. The letter was from Janet, unfortunately she had to have Chloe pts last week. Chloe could not cope any longer with the pain and distress "her back and neck were causing her dreadful pain.
When Chloe used to smell the sea she started to sing and became very excited. Janet will scatter her ashes as soon as she feels able.
:(

Oh god how sad that nothing could have been done for this wonderful dog. :cry*ing:

This is terribly sad. Bovey Tracey is only about 22 minutes drive from where I live. There are vets within 30 minutes drive of this area that know about and seen SM and could of helped. I am sorry that I did not see this post sooner. I have a very simple info sheet on SMCM devised with the help of Penny Knowler that I have been sending out to local vets. I could certainly make the journey to Bovey Tracey to give to the vet Janet tried to get help from. Does anyone know which vet she contacted.

This is terribly sad. Bovey Tracey is only about 22 minutes drive from where I live. There are vets within 30 minutes drive of this area that know about and seen SM and could of helped. I am sorry that I did not see this post sooner. I have a very simple info sheet on SMCM devised with the help of Penny Knowler that I have been sending out to local vets. I could certainly make the journey to Bovey Tracey to give to the vet Janet tried to get help from. Does anyone know which vet she contacted.
Hi Rachael,

Thank you, I already gave her the information sheet together with Clare Rusbridge Treatment Guide and I know she has passed this on to her vet, but I will check when I next speak to her and let you know. To be honest, I think perhaps by the time I got involved it might have been too late.

kind regards

I received a "Sweet Pillow" in the post this morning! It took me by suprise and eventually I found the note. The letter was from Janet, unfortunately she had to have Chloe pts last week. Chloe could not cope any longer with the pain and distress "her back and neck were causing her dreadful pain.
When Chloe used to smell the sea she started to sing and became very excited. Janet will scatter her ashes as soon as she feels able.
:(

Oh no! That's so very sad! What a shame she couldn't be helped more. Thanks for keeping us updated Tania. My heart goes out to Janet. God Bless for you trying to help too!!

Back