• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Top and tail

galaxy66

My 11 year old is losing hair from the tip of his tail and from around his nose, is this normal for an older dog?.

No he is not scratching at all, shame as Toby has such a lovely long coat all over, but you can now see the tip of his tail.

did you mention it to the vet Mal?

Might just be his age, tends to be a sign of loss of condition - I think you said he is losing a bit of weight too?

I think personally I would want the vets to run blood tests just to see how his liver and kidney function is doing.

Also a urine sample.

Not trying to frighten you, but I think it's sensible to get a picture of what is going on.

It probably just is old age - things don't always work quite as well but there is a lot we can do to support them as they age now.

Back