• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

poor Gracie home from the vet

brownietrout

she was spayed today and had 2 retained puppy teeth pulled. She is such a sensitive little girl that she is really miserable and cry's if moved or moves wrong. Her mouth hurts her leg where the IV was hurts and her belly hurts :( We have painkiller and will try to keep her from hurting too much.
It hurts me every time she cry's out, makes my heart hurt
The vet here is really nice and has offered to care for her during the day while I am at work with no charge! They said it was better than having me and them worry all day.
I would appreciate any prayers and good thoughts sent her way.:(

Molly, Dougall and Dotty send gentle cuddles . Hope she feels better soon.:hug:

I know...the first 48 hours are not easy.:(
It's hard to find the balance between effective pain relief and allowing her to do too much after her surgery.
It'll be better with each passing day and she'll be fine after the weekend.Once her stitches come out she'll feel less tight and she'll be back to her usual lively little self in no time.
Sins

Poor Gracie :( It's great that the vets have offered to take care of her today for you - a really good idea.

Spaying can be a bit painful for them - but they are also really good at playing on our emotions and the more fuss you make over them, they more they play up to it...:eek:

I hope she is much better tonight.

She is doing much better today! Thank you for all the kind words. Now I just have to keep her quiet and away from those stitches.
She hates the E collar!

i know how you feel . my Ruby was soo poorly when i picked her up from the vets . she was soaking wet all down her front from drooling . she couldnt stand up i was so shocked at how she was . it was only a day or so though and she was ok and im glad its done but :( ...she was really off after her vaccs too -wimpering all night when she moved . they really are sensitive little things . Hope she is much better soon .

Sorry I missed this yesterday . Glad to read that little Gracie is feeling better today though. Sending lots of gentle hugs your way - get well soon Gracie :hug::hug:

Glad to hear that Gracie is feeling better! Our Abigail wasn't bothered by her spaying but when her anal glands were cleared she yelped for 2 days whenever she was picked up:(

Heather R

Back