• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

bentleys tooth.... HELP

shell1805

i was giving bentley the once over after i had trimmed his ears and noticed that one of his fang teeth is discoloured unlike the rest of his teeth which are white. this one alone is yellow and looks to have a chip on it :eek: should i be alarmed??? will he possibly need it out??? i have got tooth paste and have been brushing his tooth every day and it doesnt seem to be getting any better/worse..... i have never had a dog that has had this problem. he's not even 2 yet....

HELP xx

Just have the vet have a look next time you are in for a normal appointment. There are many reasons there could be discolouration and you need a professional assessment. Unless it seems to cause problems or worsens, I wouldn't take him in only for that reason but I would certainly draw your vet's attention to your concerns your next regular trip in. (y)

That said, teeth and gum problems to some degree are genetic and cavaliers generally seem to be prone to teeth and gum problems that brushing alone may not address (in the same way that some kids get cavities, some do not, with same regime of brushing). Of my five, two have fairly good teeth and three do not.

Back