• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Anal Glands Again

Tania

I have been battling with this for a while now.
Molly has always had a diet of veg/fruit/chicken etc. strictly no commercial food,
a couple of months ago I added bran to her food and we have not had any bottom problems for roughly 4 months. :)
Dougall is a different story, he is on a similar diet but he has been fed the Royal Canin biscuits as a treat. He has had infections, impacted and full glands despite bran and usual things. The last 4 weeks we have completely withdrawn all commercial treats/biscuits. We went to the vets this evening, I couldn't believe it, the dreaded anal glands :eek: were completely clear!
We havn't quite got to grips with Dotty yet as we are in the process of changing her diet now.
I think I might have got to the bottom of it. Complete natural feeding seems to be the answer :xfngr:

I think I might have got to the bottom of it.

:badgrin: very good :D

So pleased that the dreaded bottoms seem to be more under control...

We check ours regularly and learnt to empty them to prevent problems occurring - but it's much better that you are not getting problems in the first place.

Royal Canin changed their ingredients - the Mini adult food, which used to be quite good, is now very high in Maize :eek:

Ingredients:
Maize, poultry meal, maize flour, maize gluten, animal fat, animal protein (hydrolized), sugar beet pulp, soy oil, yeast, fish oil, minerals, DL-Methionine, sodium triphosphate, L-Lysine, egg powder, L- Carnitin.

Hi Tania

You don't feed any commercial manufactured food or treats now its all natural ,do you add any supplements or vitamins .:)

Back