Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Teddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Teddy

Our precious Teddy Bear left us today, following a long and brave battle with Syringomyelia.

His quality of life was deteriorating and his pain was no longer well controlled, so we felt the time had come to sadly let him go. Our vet, whom has been so wonderful with treating Teddy, came to the house and euthanised him.

We feel that a part of us has gone too – he was a very special dog, and a last link with several of our other beloved companions whom have left us over the last few years.

Teddy came to live with us in April 2005 at 19 months of age – he had been living in an outside kennel and was not house trained, but he quickly learnt about living life indoors He was a wonderful companion to Rupert – they were very close.

I soon realised that something was not right – but even my vet could not believe that we would be so unlucky as to have TWO affected dogs {little did we know...}.

Teddy was MRI'd a year later – and we were shocked to discover that he was indeed moderate to severely affected. He started a program of treatment, having medication every 8 hours. We have been lucky in that until recently, every time he has taken a turn for the worse, we have found or been told about a new treatment or supplement which helped him. It has been an emotional rollercoaster, but when you love them this much, you do everything you can to help.

He was my soulmate – he always wanted to be wherever I was

but was also very close to my husband.

He loved to be involved in whatever you were doing.

I did show him once at a local agricultural show and he was Reserve Best in Show!! He wasn't very impressed with his trophy and rosettes LOL

Celebrating his “Gotcha Day”

Now reunited with his best friend Cruz – this is how I like to remember them

December 2009

We are just devastated at his loss – life seems very empty without him.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so saddened by your loss of Teddy . Your photos of him and the one with his pal Cruz are lovely and I'm sure you will treasure these photos as well as all the memories. However, I know this is a bittersweet period for you and your family so I'll send some. I will keep you in my prayers.

Heather R

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Nicki.
    He was such a stunning cavalier.
    Thanks for sharing the photographs with us.It's such a lovely tribute to him.I know he meant the world to you and your husband.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry Nicki, you must be heartbroken
    Thinking of you all at this difficult time
    Run free precious Teddy
    Ollie Roxy Bailey

Post Thanks / Like

So sad to read your post, we had to make that decision on February this year ( our wee boy had MHD). It's such a hard decision to make even when you know it's for the good of your pet. I try to remind myself it was the last act of love for my wee boy letting him leave us but it still feels like your world is ending.

Sending you big hugs from all my family.

Carolx

Post Thanks / Like

I can just picture Teddy and Cruz running at the Bridge just like in the picture. I am so sorry. I dread the day when I have to make that decision for one of my little loves. Run like the wind Teddy!
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

My thoughts are with you at this very hard time , Run Free Teddy x
    Molly RIP 04/08/2000 - 18/01/2010 -Forever in our hearts xx

Post Thanks / Like

I am crying reading this post. I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. Teddy was such a beautiful boy. Run free without any pain little Teddy.
    Lots of for you and your family.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Teddy was a gorgeous boy, both inside and out. I can tell what an important member of your family he was -- for some reason the photo of him with your husband really touched me. I am sorry for the hurt you feel right now, but am glad that Teddy is no longer in pain and that you gave him a peaceful and dignified goodbye. Again, so sorry for your loss.

Post Thanks / Like

Default There are no words..

I am deeply sorry for your loss of your beautiful boy, I have tears running down my cheek as I type this. Your pictures are gorgeous, the love both you and your husband had for him shines through in them. Losing a furry child is beyond heartbreaking, I've gone through it a few times myself and unfortunately only time helps soften the blow but your heart always aches for them. God bless you and your family.