• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

microchip registration.

daisysmom

Hi all iv need advice please.
I havent yet registered daisy.
She is microchiped and i was given a form called " link up".
iv never heard of it and when i googled it nothing came up so i googled
microchip registration and there seems to be a few different ones.
My vet mentioned "fido.ie".
I though there was just one central one.
any advice would be great.

Hiya,
It depends on the database the vet uses.
Our vet uses Animark (http://ikc-animark.ie/)
If Daisy is IKC registered Animark is the way to go,your vet should have sent the details to the database for you and you just retain the original.If not then try Fido,just log on and enter the details you've been given.
Sins

Hi sins, i just went on to fido.ie. but they are looking for
charcter no or something, iv just got the microchip no.
Its getting more confusing. The vet didnt give me anything or sign
anything, he just said her details were now in their system.
Thanks

Fido is the system the dog wardens use (ive not heard of the link up thing??) - you can register any microchip with fido - I have Cassies UK chip registered.

Thanks for the advice, but im still confused.
Tried to register daisy with fido and they ask for the chip no and also the
6 digit charecter code, anyone any idea what that is.

What you might do then is phone Fido and ask if your details have been registered by your vet.They can also send you out a form to fill in and return by post with the registration fee(€15) and from what I can find out they'll confirm for you when your form is processed.

Sins

There's no such thing as a central database, unfortunately. But any dog can be registered on www.fido.ie. This is a better option that only registering the dog to the chip company (eg such as Animark, which has a proprietary database). The fact that the IKC went with Animarkwas a disappointment to a lot of people who actually want to make sure lost dogs get reunited with owners. Sadly in my experience most breeders only chip puppies to comply with IKC regulations to get IKC registration (and then charge more...) -- they typically do NOT register the dog anywhere and hence a huge number of chipped pedigree dogs in pounds come in with chips not registered to any name! But if your vets have Daisy in their system then she is in some system already. Many vets don't do this for clients as they could be liable if the dog is lost and the record isn't there.

Who chipped with 'Link-up'? What chip database is that? Was that the breeder? I'd call the breeder then for an explanation. If the vet chipped her, then ask your vet. And ask them to explain what Link Up is.

Maybe they will also explain getting your dog onto Fido.ie. It should be pretty easy. The registration code should be printed on the chip form you got. If you can't find it, call your vet as they seem to already have put the correct info into one database. :)

Thanks for the replys.
She was chipped by the breeder.
The vet scanned her and just put her details on their system when we went for first checkup.
Vet had no idea what link up was head advised me to go with fido.ie.
The link up form was with daisys birthcert and stuf when we got her from breeder.
Daisys parents are seeminly ick reg, but breeder had said she wouldnt register daisy as id have to change the details anyway. So shes not registered with anyone at the moment.
Im going to give fido a ring in morn and get her registered with them.
Thanks very much for the advice.

Back