Thread: Poppy had a bad day.

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Poppy had a bad day.

Yesterday Poppy had a really bad day. First thing in the morning she passed a very soft stool with lots of mucus and blood with it. I didn't pick it up straight away so I didn't know, otherwise I would have acted differently. Though she didn't eat her breakfast, I gave it to her later in the morning. She would probably have been better on no food for a few hours. I gave her plain boiled rice with no meat for dinner in the evening and today.

In the afternoon, she jumped on the swing in the garden which has slats like a bench. Her leg slipped through the gaps and then she tried jumping off with her legs still caught. She was screaming poor girl. I picked her up and Dylan came running to help. I had to hold tight of her as she was climbing up me in her panic.

Today she did a normal firm stool with just a little blood mixed up in it, not on the outside, no mucus so I would say she's getting better.

I give up with James Wellbeloved, this is the second dog with colitis on it. Dylan had colitis regularly until he came off it.

Here's Poppy doing her "me me me" thing while I try to adjust Dylan's new harness. She's just so affectionate, I'm loving the cuddles. I really needed a girl like Poppy.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

oh poor Poppy - hope she will be much better tomorrow.

Bless her - she wants you all to herself!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Poor Poppy, she looks quite happy in the picture. Looks as though Dylan is taking it all in his stride. Hope she has a better day tomorrow.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Nicki and Tania.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Hope Poppy is better today Pauline? That's a great photo of them both,

On the food front, I don't know if this helps.......we used to feed our 3 James Wellbeloved, until that is, Jake our Lab started to get upset stomachs all the time, now unusually for a Lab, he has always had a little bit of a delicate tummy, so we had to change food, and for the last 2 years we have fed ours Wainwrights from Pets at Home (I know it doesn't have the well known name,such as JWB or Royal Canin) which we found had quite a lot of great reviews on line, and since we switched - no one has had any major tummy upsets.......might be worth a think,

Price wise it's about the same as JWB,the difference is negligable, we pay 35 for a 15Kg bag,as opposed to the JWB....which I think is around 40

R.
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Ryan. I'll look into that.

Poppy is feeling much better!
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'