Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Absolutely FUMING!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

What an awful thing to have happened, do so hope you and Murphy are better after that shocking episode .First and foremost you look after yourself and Murphy and do what is best for you two and if needed report the dog and the owner and maybe you can do it without giving your name ,otherwise it could escalate and the dog could bite so stop it now .We here all care about you Murphy and your family you are the important ones so pls remember that and take no risks just take care of you all.

Best Wishes

Brian
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Heather r's advice is very good as well. Whilst on our walks we pass by a farm where all their dogs run loose out of the gates (about 3-4 of them). There's the pack leader and he's a scruffy aulde mutt... when he barks and lunges at us, (Bob and Belle are not scared, but curious) I tell Bob and Belle no and pull their leads tight to me. Then I let out a deep growl and shout "No! Stay away!" to the mutts. It seems to work because they just stop and stare at me like I'm a crazy woman and run back to the farm.

I'm not sure if you want to do something like this because it's probably not the right thing to do with all dogs, but I can be a ferocious Mama and it works for me in that situation. We also walk through our town and sometimes I see a pit bull and his owner walking along (apologies to pit bull lovers) and I quickly cross the street to the other side to avoid any chance of confrontation, just to be safe. Ah, but I have rambled here.
    Good Luck! Let us know how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like

That's terrible and its very awkward with the problem being with your neighbour. I can just imagine what type of person your neighbour is and the dogs probably the 6 year olds baby sitter. Its in situations like this that dogs attach either another dog or a child and ends up being PTS. The thing is that once a dog has learned agressive behaviour and has actually bitten someone its only a matter of time before it escalates. You have a good think about what to do as its not just the boxer but a horrible neighbour by the sound of it. It might be helpful to carry a walking stick or something to defend yourself and Murphy if this situation gets worse. Take care

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, just yesterday I was working in my garage, Penny was with me tied inside.
    And a pit bullish puppylike dog came running up near us! It just wouldn't go away,
    I had to chase it, and put up a little fence along my garage door to keep it out!