• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cost for MVD meds monthly???

It will probably depend on the medication your vet prescribes. Sonny was on one Vetmedin tablet twice a day and the diuretic Lasix one and half tablets twice a day. I've dug out a Vets bill from November last year and for 50 Vetmedin tabs we were billed £15 and for the Lasix 84 pills were just under £25. As Sonny was on meds for a couple of years our Vet was really good and gave us a 15% discount if we bulk bought.

Hope this helps!

It will probably depend on the medication your vet prescribes. Sonny was on one Vetmedin tablet twice a day and the diuretic Lasix one and half tablets twice a day. I've dug out a Vets bill from November last year and for 50 Vetmedin tabs we were billed £15 and for the Lasix 84 pills were just under £25. As Sonny was on meds for a couple of years our Vet was really good and gave us a 15% discount if we bulk bought.

Hope this helps!

Hi thanks for digging your vet bills out! Yes it has helped, thank you very much :eek:

Fortekor costs considerably more however -- in Ireland, about a euro per tablet -- so gets expensive very quickly.

Jasper is on Fortekor tablets 1 per day and they cost £1.00 per tablet, he is insured so I still get his meds from the vet as I would have to pay to take the prescription away from them. It does work out expensive - we get 2 or 3 months supply at a time depending on when the vet wants to review him again - never longer than 3 months, then you have the cost of the consultation on top.

I used to pay £20 for 28x 2.5mg Fortekor and £35 for 2x 5mg from the vets. However by law they have to let you have a six month prescription if you request one for a small fee. I pay £10 for mine and then buy 6 months worth online. 2.5mg costs £10.50 for 28 and 5mg costs £20.50 for 28 which is a good saving as long as you can afford to pay for 6 months worth upfront.

Back