• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dogs with 3 legs?

MurphysMummy

A lady who lives about 30min drive away from me wants to rehome her 4 year old ruby cavalier..I spoke with her on the phone earlier and she said 2 years ago the cav was in a car accident and lost one of its back legs.
The cav has gone to stay with her partner's sister for a trial,even though there child is scared of animals..?The woman said she will call back if it does not work out.

Although she said having only 3 legs does not affect his playing and walking, I am still curious?
Do you think it will just be like a normal dog, but without one of its back legs?

We used to have a wee Terrier mix, called Maroch, he was missing one of his front legs after a car hit him, we got him from a local rescue, this was bfore Kieran was born, he was a great wee dog, very old when we addopted him, he was around 12, he only lived with us for about 18months before he slipped away in his sleep one night,

He was a cracker, and believe me being minus a leg never stopped him, by god he could move, Jake our Lab was still young himself back then, and the 2 of them would tair about everywhere!!!

R.

I had a 3-legged dog for many years. Bogie - he was my first love. He was missing one of his front legs and it seemed to make absolutely no difference in his life. He was a happy, active dog to the very end. The only time I saw it slow him down was the first time he saw stairs after losing it. He was scared to try, but after doing it the first time, there was no holding him back.

They really do adapt amazingly well.

My Grandma had a Scottie for years with only 3 legs. It was going to be put down due to being born with only 3 legs. But, my Grandma said no way and adopted him. It never slowed him down. He was spunky as all get out until the day he passed of old age. He was a great dog. =)

There's a family who live near me that have a lovely Blenheim Cav that has one of his back legs missing. That little chap runs and plays as if he is totally unaware he is a leg missingcl*p

Back