• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Matthew

Margaret, so very sorry you had to give Matthew his wings. :hug:

It must have been so hard for you driving to Clares to do this, but he couldn't have been in a better place, I have the greatest admiration for all at Stone Lion and I an ever great admiration for you to have him be part of the SM Collection Scheme.

You are in my thoughts at this sad time, take care.:flwr:

Thank you for your kind thoughts. I do appreciate them.

Matthew was the last of a litter of three tricolours. His Mother, who lives with my friend, is still alive age 16.

Matthew was a mild mannered, sweet tempered dog who never did a disobedient thing in his life.
Just a really lovely boy.

When Monty died someone sent me the following poem. I see Karlin has it her quiet corner, but I would like to repeat it here.........

IF IT SHOULD BE

If it should be that I grow weak
And pain should keep me from my sleep,
Then you must do what must be done,
For this last battle cannot be won.

You will be sad, I understand.
Don't let your grief then stay your hand.
For this day, more than all the rest,
Your love for me must stand the test.

We've had so many happy years.
What is to come can hold no fears.
You'd not want me to suffer so;
The time has come -- please let me go.

Take me where my need they'll tend,
And please stay with me till the end.
Hold me firm and speak to me,
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time that you will see
The kindness that you did for me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I've been saved.

Please do not grieve -- it must be you
Who had this painful thing to do.
We've been so close, we two, these years;
Don't let your heart hold back its tears.

--- Anonymous ---

I'm so sorry for your loss. How poignant the words of that poem are. My thoughts are with you at this very sad time.

Typing through the tears after reading that poem.

So sorry for your loss Margaret, but thank you for doing the right thing at the right time.

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Matthew sounds like a wonderful dog who was deeply loved. Sending you healing thoughts during this tough time.

Oh Margaret Im only just reading this now. I am so very very sorry for you and am sending lots of love and hugs to you.
You give so much support to others I hope you can feel all the love we're sending you.

Mel XX

Oh Margaret Im only just reading this now. I am so very very sorry for you and am sending lots of love and hugs to you.
You give so much support to others I hope you can feel all the love we're sending you.

Mel XX

Oh Mel,

You have brought tears to my eyes.
My thanks to you all.

Margaret I'm so sorry, I'm only just seeing this now. I'm so sorry for your loss :(

It's lovely that you were able to take Mathew out for a walk and be one with him as he passed.

Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers at this sad time :hug:Mathew and Tyson were blessed to have loved and been loved by you. Take care.

Margaret we'v only just read this now, we are so very sorry for your loss :hug::hug::hug:

Back