• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Boarding + Brushing

cy1266

I have a question- when you go on vacation and board your dogs, do you request them to be brushed daily/every other day? We just got back from vacation and my parents watched Miles and Truman for a week. While their ears were brushed, Truman's chest hair became quite matted - they must not have brushed him thoroughly enough. I can't complain, since it didn't cost me anything :) ...but...assuming we board them at a doggy daycare next time, is it reasonable to ask for them to be thoroughly brushed every other day? It was a nightmare getting those mats out. His hair is so long and I couldn't even see where I was brushing. For those of you who don't clip your Cavaliers short, what do you do???

Also - any good tricks to getting mats out? Normally they don't get mats, but Truman sometimes gets little ones by his underarms...

Thanks!
Carrie

Haven't really boarded my two, so can't advise you on what to expect.
Sometimes rubbing in some hair conditioner can help to detangle the matts, otherwise I just snip them out.

Haven't really boarded my two, so can't advise you on what to expect.
Sometimes rubbing in some hair conditioner can help to detangle the matts, otherwise I just snip them out.

Every coat is different but I find it helps ward off the matts to use a good after shampoo conditioner.

A good quality comb is good for taking out tangles on mine. I prefer a fine flea comb, followed by a moult comb, then I use a Mason Pearson pure bristle brush for finishing. If sunlight is likely to be strong outside (some hope!), then I brush in some Ring 5 Conditioning Spray for protection from u.v. rays.

When mine went into boarding kennels a few years back I was told that grooming and bathing were extra and was given a list of charges. I assume this is usual practice.

i think it depends on the kennels - the one we occasionally use will brush them for no extra cost but to be honest i dont really mind if they dont as long as the girls are safe and happy there. I just always book in for the groomers the day after they come home as they do a magical job of getting those knots out :)

Back