• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

video from HTM competition

renate

a fried just sent me this video. it is from our latest competition, fetching a 4. in advanced class.

this (HTM) is what bella and i do best.
the music is not heard well because of all the noise from the exhibition.

i am very proud of my little bella keeping her positions so beautifully, especially the sideways moves.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-l_-JLH1hQ

That is just so wonderful to watch. Thank you so much Renate for posting it. Bella is so attentive, her looks up at you are just precious. I would never stop hugging her for doing such a beautiful job.

[ Wow, wow. That is amazing. You and Bella are such a great team. I can't believe how she stays with your every move. Thank you so much for posting the videos. I loved watching them. :)

Last edited:
I am amazed how closely she hugs your body. That is a really difficult thing for small dogs to do! (Most little dogs are afraid that their owners will step on them and with good reason.)

It is so nice to see a Cavalier competing in this sport. I can see why Richard Curtis was impressed with you two!

Is the Pink Panther routine HTM or freestyle? I'm looking forward to seeing it, too.

renate that is truly awe-inspiring!:D You two are an amazing team and Bella's tail wagging throughout the entire number shows how much fun she is having.

Can I ask if you train with treats or toys or a combination?

Thank you so much for sharing that. Pooh to anyone who says Cavalier's can't be athletic and aren't the smartest knives in the drawer. Bella is brilliant and so beautiful!

thank you all for your kind words!
bella is truly special, very, very clever and elegant.

the Pink Panther routine is Freestyle, we do it with our friends, Marianne and Blondie (blenheim). bella and i are relatively new in Freestyle, HTM is our favourite disciplin.

i train bella with treats, most often 3 different qualities. have good succes with jackpotting.

frida likes toys better. for her i have made 3 different 'rats' with rabbit fur.

true, many small dogs worry about their owners' 'big feet'. i always 'dance' barefoot or wearing only socks.

I think Bella is truly amazing - you have a fantastic partnership and have done an incredible job training her - you can see how much she loves it!!

So pleased you are both getting so much enjoyment from it.

Thanks so much for posting these. One of my son's friends ( 16 years old) came over to see what I was watching. He said when he heard bagpipes, dogs barking and people clapping, he just had to know what was going on!

Renate, Do you mind if I send your freestyle & HTM link to my freestyle teacher? I think she would be very impressed. I'd like to send them to a whole color breeder here in town, too.

Back