Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The unco guid

Post Thanks / Like

The fact that this dog had health scanning done, and had shared those results with the club health committee indicates that the owner was thinking about health.
    Thinking about health and actually doing something about it are two entirely different things.
    I think at this point we all need to move away from the culture of blame.
    A very solid framework to support and facilitate breeders is being constructed and almost any health testing day arranged by UK clubs (MVD,SM etc..) is well attended.
    Progress may sometimes be slow,but things have moved forward so much over the last two years,I feel it's counter productive to look back and continue to fight long lost battles.
    There will be a BVA/KC scheme for MVD and SM.
    Testing days will continue at different scanning centres.
    Cardiologists will be well attended at Club organised days.
    Rupert's fund and club supported initiatives will contribute information to the genome project which is nearing completion.
    Margaret Carter's cavalier collection scheme will be completed.
    The cavalier CKS foetal tissue project is being supported.
    These are the pertinent issues which need to be highlighted,not what people did or didn't do two or even twenty years ago.
    Is it not preferable to focus on what is achievable for the future of the breed?
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sins View Post
    Thinking about health and actually doing something about it are two entirely different things.
    I think at this point we all need to move away from the culture of blame.
    A very solid framework to support and facilitate breeders is being constructed and almost any health testing day arranged by UK clubs (MVD,SM etc..) is well attended.
    Progress may sometimes be slow,but things have moved forward so much over the last two years,I feel it's counter productive to look back and continue to fight long lost battles.
    There will be a BVA/KC scheme for MVD and SM.
    Testing days will continue at different scanning centres.
    Cardiologists will be well attended at Club organised days.
    Rupert's fund and club supported initiatives will contribute information to the genome project which is nearing completion.
    Margaret Carter's cavalier collection scheme will be completed.
    The cavalier CKS foetal tissue project is being supported.
    These are the pertinent issues which need to be highlighted,not what people did or didn't do two or even twenty years ago.
    Is it not preferable to focus on what is achievable for the future of the breed?
    Sins
    UNCO GUID

To Sins and Soushiruiuma.

There is nothing Surer ,you will never Accept my Views nor I yours on this subject,so I will just conclude by Saying.

Just Think On, that if many Cavalier Breeders had Paid Heed to the Warnings that they were being given over 20 years ago about the MVD Problem in our Cavalier Breed,and perhaps Dr B .Cattanach , the Geneticist and Mr B. Field the CKCS Health Representative,had not walked away in disgust from the Abuse,that they were receiving from some Cavalier Breeders when they were trying to help the CKCS CLUB in tackling the MVD Problem, a Good Number of Cavaliers could have had the chance of Healthier,Longer Lives,and so many of us Cavalier Pet Owners might not have wept so many Tears about what had Happened to our Cherished Cavaliers ,seeing them suffering and dying so young.

As I said I am not mentioning the Cavalier SM Problem,but it is no use saying we are where we are in connection with the Breeds' MVD Problem, yes ,we sure are where we are with it, where now it's being said by the Researchers that there could be so many Cavaliers around now Carriers of the MVD Gene/Genes.

That the only chance of trying to help the Cavaliers with their MVD Problem ,is follow the UK CKCS Recommended Breeding Guide-Lines for MVD,not to Breed from a Cavalier before 2.5 years of age,yet what do we find, that in the Recent Kennel Club Breed Supplement, a Cavalier used at Stud at 10 months ,and a Cavalier Bitch ,at 16 months.

I REST MY CASE !!!!!

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Unco guid

Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    UNCO GUID

To Sins and Soushiruiuma.

There is nothing Surer ,you will never Accept my Views nor I yours on this subject,so I will just conclude by Saying.

Just Think On, that if many Cavalier Breeders had Paid Heed to the Warnings that they were being given over 20 years ago about the MVD Problem in our Cavalier Breed,and perhaps Dr B .Cattanach , the Geneticist and Mr B. Field the CKCS Health Representative,had not walked away in disgust from the Abuse,that they were receiving from some Cavalier Breeders when they were trying to help the CKCS CLUB in tackling the MVD Problem, a Good Number of Cavaliers could have had the chance of Healthier,Longer Lives,and so many of us Cavalier Pet Owners might not have wept so many Tears about what had Happened to our Cherished Cavaliers ,seeing them suffering and dying so young.

As I said I am not mentioning the Cavalier SM Problem,but it is no use saying we are where we are in connection with the Breeds' MVD Problem, yes ,we sure are where we are with it, where now it's being said by the Researchers that there could be so many Cavaliers around now Carriers of the MVD Gene/Genes.

That the only chance of trying to help the Cavaliers with their MVD Problem ,is follow the UK CKCS Recommended Breeding Guide-Lines for MVD,not to Breed from a Cavalier before 2.5 years of age,yet what do we find, that in the Recent Kennel Club Breed Supplement, a Cavalier used at Stud at 10 months ,and a Cavalier Bitch ,at 16 months.

I REST MY CASE !!!!!

Bet
    Sins,

Just had to come back about this, I mentioned in my Last Post about the Advice from MVD Researchers by following the UK CKCS Recommended MVD Breeding Guide-Lines, that this could have an effect in helping with the Cavaliers ' MVD Problem,...

Take a look at the Kennel Club's New Edition of their Cavalier Breed Supplement,neither wonder I despair about the MVD Problem, .ever being taken seriously by some Cavalier Breeders.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

My copy arrived this Morning Bet,I'll take a look at it over the weekend.
    Sins