• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

RAW may be coming to Ireland!

Dublin

Ive been talking to Jonathan Self, the founder of 'Darlings real food' ( www.darlingsrealfood.com )in the UK, he lives here in Ireland but because of EU rules they cant sell the food here right now - however he has given me some really good tips for RAW feeding & told me that with a bit of luck Darlings real food for dogs will be avalible for us all here by the end of the summer!!!!!cl*pcl*p

Im quite excited about this (yep im that sad!!) as ive dabbled with raw on & off the last few years & although at the moment im feeding a bit of raw mince with burns I want to feed raw really. Ive noticed since not having as much raw food that both Cass & Sparkys teeth are not as clean & Cass especialy has horrible breath.

So keep everything crossed Jonathan gets the EU thing sorted ASAP!

I took a look at their site, and I like the ingredients lists--very simple. They're similar to Oma's Pride that I feed Sophie, here in the U.S. I hope the company is successful.

I've had a look at the website & love the idea of a raw diet, but I'd be very nervous if it!?! I don't know if in my head from years ago about not letting a dog taste raw as it can make them aggressive-I know it's not true but it's there implanted in my brain :!

I do think my Penny would benefit from it as she has food intolerance (or so the vet thinks) seems to be every time we reintroduce even a tiny bit of her kibble she has very bad runs with a lot of mucus, poor thing at the moment she's on prescription food, boiled rice & chicken.

I will definitely try it & see how they get on, but I am nervous of it, I know Brian has his lot on it & they are doing well. I do hope the company do really well as it's nice to see a small business succeed :)

Hi

As mentioned in one of my other posts we have been feeding Natural Instinct for about 6 weeks and all four are thriving on it ,better coats ,no upset tummy and far less bulk .Cost about £80.00 a month plus extras like yogurt ,whitebait and supplements .

http://www.naturalinstinct.com/

I found out about Darlings at a later date and their food does look scrumptious as well and I know Tania has successfully switched over to this .I did phone the lady from Darlings and she quoted for my four about £160.00 for 28 days supply ,so Darlings is considerably more expensive but may be better quality but I am no expert in food analysis ,but my friend and expert "Waldor" has given the thumbs up on both so we shall continue with N I for the time being or until we hit a problem and would then switch over to Darlings.:)

£80 a month doesn't sound too bad for four cavaliers Brian.I'd be very interested in trying the raw diet.It would be great if that particular brand became available in Ireland Sonia.
Sins

Ive been talking to Jonathan Self, the founder of 'Darlings real food' ( www.darlingsrealfood.com )in the UK, he lives here in Ireland but because of EU rules they cant sell the food here right now - however he has given me some really good tips for RAW feeding & told me that with a bit of luck Darlings real food for dogs will be avalible for us all here by the end of the summer!!!!!cl*pcl*p

Im quite excited about this (yep im that sad!!) as ive dabbled with raw on & off the last few years & although at the moment im feeding a bit of raw mince with burns I want to feed raw really. Ive noticed since not having as much raw food that both Cass & Sparkys teeth are not as clean & Cass especialy has horrible breath.

So keep everything crossed Jonathan gets the EU thing sorted ASAP!

I have been using Darlings for the past 2 weeks, I am very pleased. b*n*n*

Hi

I found out about Darlings at a later date and their food does look scrumptious as well and I know Tania has successfully switched over to this .I did phone the lady from Darlings and she quoted for my four about £160.00 for 28 days supply ,so Darlings is considerably more expensive but may be better quality but I am no expert in food analysis ,but my friend and expert "Waldor" has given the thumbs up on both so we shall continue with N I for the time being or until we hit a problem and would then switch over to Darlings.:)

That seems really expensive to me!

Ive just been to the supermarket & bought up a load of minces (turkey, beef, pork & lamb) as well as lambs liver & chicken drumsticks (which Lucy wont be able to eat yet as she cant manage big things!) & done as Jonathan (from Darlings) said to do with them & bought carrots & spinach to grate to add to the food once thawed again. I spent €25 & (I think) this should last me almost 3 weeks. Gonna see how I go on this & then get the quote from Darlings when/if it becomes avalible & see the price differance.

Not being funny but im guessing Brian that you're £160 for 4 Cavs will be around £120 for my 3 (as Cass is almost cavi weight) which equates to aprox €100 for the month which works out prety much double what ive just paid. Now I understand they do use organic meat which will bump the price up a bit

Im going to go to a local meat wholesaler next week to see if I can cut that price down even more if I buy in bulk as I have a small stand alone freezer I can use almost entirely for doggie dinners!

Back