• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Yogurt in Mel's diet

laswans

Hello Everyone!
I'm new to the forum and owning a cavalier, so Iwas hoping that all of your experience could help me. A trainer at our agility school said that Mel (my 4 month old cavalier) could benefit from a tablespoon of plain, non-fat yogurt per day. She said it would help his skin and coat. Well, I bought some for him (organic) and he loves it. But I want to make sure it's what is best for him.
let me know what you think!
thanks!

Hello

I agree, except I give the girls a teaspoon added to their breakfast and a teaspoon added to their evening meal of probiotic plain non-fat yogurt just added to their mix of raw ,veggies and other bits and bobs.:)

I give my boys about 1 tablespoon each of plain goat's milk yogurt. I believe goat's milk is easier on their tummy than cow's milk...they LOVE their yogurt!

Thanks!

That's good to hear, I'll lower the amount and spread it out over his three meals. Thank you!

My two have natural low fat bio-yoghurt on their dinner everynight! They love it and it is good for their digestive system.

Most Cavaliers love yogurt, but some cannot digest dairy products and it gives them the runs, I would strongly suggest Goats yogurt as it is much easier to digest.

It is good for digestion - I don't see the connection with skin and coat though? Omega 3 and 6 are good for skin, found in oily fish, so salmon oil and other supplements {also in flax seed oil}

Mine are all absolutely addicted to yoghourt. They lick every last speck off the lids and love to play with the pots afterwards too!

Lotsofluvverlylicks.jpg

Oh Kongs.... I think I love them as much as my pup does. Mel get's a pleasent distraction while I finish dishes. :rolleyes:

Back