Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Growling and very angry

Post Thanks / Like

I would take him to the vet if I was you and I would suggest hills presiption diet RD my Barney is on this with just a bit of vet food When he went on to this he thought it was his birthday because he had alot more diet food than was nomal
    ---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest taking him off of Pedigree, it has tons of fillers, corn etc. Switching to a higher quality food (with more protein) has more nutritional value and will stay with him longer so he's not so hungry. Also try mixing in canned green beans into his food. Its extremely low in calories and will make him feel full longer
    Erin aka Mommy to Polly (Blenheim) 3-30-2009 And Cat children, Salem, Emma & Ellie
    The love of my life
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    Tobey- I miss you terribly my sweet boy. We will be together again

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, definetly change the Pedigree food! It does have too many fillers, that are not healthy, as well as adds weight. I supplement my "food obcessed caviliers" food with frozen green beans. She LOVES them. She would almost rather have those than the food! I also look for low-fat treats. Good luck with your weight management!
    Mom of Bella-Blenheim female born 12-29-07
    Koda, Lilly, Neo, Gizzy,-(dog,cat,birds)
    Babies at the Rainbow Bridge: Madison, Brandy, Shayde, Lucas, Abraham.

Post Thanks / Like

Lucy, my Blenheim is also a bit of a porker and I have tried a variety of low calorie dog foods with not much success as she would always seem starving afterward. I also found the lower fat diet seemed to dry out her coat. So, for awhile I was mixing her reduced calorie food with regular food and adding carrots and green beans to give her some extra filler. Then I found a new food that is so much better, although I am not sure if it is available in the UK or not. It is made by Wellness and it is called Core Reduced Fat. It is grain free and high protein and my dogs have been so much happier since I switched to it because I can feed them more than I could on regular calorie food and they are not gaining weight. Their coats look shiny and healthy. I know I sound like an advertisement for this food, but seriously I love it. It is expensive though. I think I bought a new small bag today it was like $14.00 for 4lb or something like that.
    Aimee
    Lucy (Blenheim F) January 25, 2007
    Charlie Brown (Ruby M) October 24, 2008