• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Barneys result's here

Teresa

Barney's result came today from his MRI scan funded by Ruperts fund as part of the research program...

I'm disappointed to say the result's not good :( I'm more disappointed for the researchers than myself as Barney's still Barney - nothing changes for him at the moment and he shows no visible signs....

If anyone can help me work out the severity from the results please private message me I'd be grateful for some help...

If not I'll call Penny or have a nose around on the internet.

He's still my brave hero for being scanned :)

Thanks, Teresa.

Hi Theresa

Sorry to hear that Barney's results are not good! but I am glad that he has no visible symptoms!

Sorry I can't help you with the results, but I am sure other on here will be able to.

Chin up, and have a good cuddle with your Barney :hug:

oh no I'm so so sorry :(:(:( that's terribly upsetting for you when you were kind enough to volunteer and go through this...

If you'd like to e-mail me on Rupert'[email protected] I'll have a look and see if I can help. have to go out for a bit but will look as soon as I get back

Have a look also on http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/ that might help

I'm very sorry to hear that Teresa,
I know it's a big disappointment for you.However as I always say,and indeed applied the theory when Daisy's scan was not good...
"He's still the same lovely cavalier as he was before the scan,nothing's changed".
As he's over eight and asymptomatic,you should reasonably expect him to continue enjoying the same quality of life.
As for the research,it was still of value to them and you're an amazing lady for allowing him to be scanned.If it offers just a fragment of a jigsaw piece that can help the breed then it's been very worthwhile.
*hugs*
Sins

Thanks everyone - Barney is fine, I chose to know the result but did feel a little tearful, silly really...

Sad for the breed and the research... ahh well I still think I did the right thing volunteering him bless his fluffy feet!! I would do the same in a flash

But Barney is still the same lovely boy - getting beaten up by Cassie at the moment he's so tolerant!!

Nicki, I'll try to email it to you as soon as I clear up after tea...Thanks....x

Thanks everyone - Barney is fine, I chose to know the result but did feel a little tearful, silly really...

Sad for the breed and the research... ahh well I still think I did the right thing volunteering him bless his fluffy feet!! I would do the same in a flash

But Barney is still the same lovely boy - getting beaten up by Cassie at the moment he's so tolerant!!

I was shocked and tearful when my Rebel, now 7 1/2, scanned positive for SM too and they also found he has curvature of the spine. Rebel had such a fine show career, plus good placements in veteran classes since he was seven last year.

Common sense told me that he is still my lovely boy, who can still be shown, who enjoys life and is leader of the pack just as he was before he went to Chester Gates. I am just relieved that I did not use him for stud. I would never have forgiven myself if I had used him and he threw symptomatic pups.

Try to put it to the back of your mind and get on with living

Nicki - the email address is coming back as failed ......can you check it when you have a minute please :)

I too had my beautiful Megan diagnosed with SM when she was 7 years old, though she did have some symptoms, so I was more prepared for the results. Four years later she is still with us and doing well on her medication regime - SM is a dreadful disease, but it isn't always a dreadful blight on a dog's life, as so many Cavs on this Forum can bear witness to.

Good luck with Barney and well done you for volunteering him to help with the research
Heartblowingpoog.gif

Thanks Wagtail!! I'm just glad that Barney seems ok at the moment!!

Love your yogurt pot pics too!!

I think you are very brave and generous to put Barney forward. I am sorry the
results were disappointing, he is still your lovely sweet Barney and I am sure you will continue to enjoy him for many years to come.
kind regards

Back