• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lucy being spayed tomorrow

Dublin

................. please send her healing thoughts so the op goes well & she recovers quickley!

Good Luck Lucy!!! Sending hugs and sloppy kisses from Murphy..
I remember going to pick Murphy up after he was netuered and had several teeth out. He was still so dosile and just kind of looked half asleep but he sooned brightened up after some food and a nap!
Again, Good Luck!:)

I'm sure she'll be absolutely fine - healing thoughts to Lucy from me and my Lucy (plus pals)

GetWellSoonCavvie.jpg

Hope it all goes well for wee Lucy - let us know as soon as you have her home :)

Don't forget the baby vests for covering her stitches rather than those horrid collar things...

Thanks everyone!

I couldnt reply last night as I had a horrible migraine - probably from worry!

Anyway, the op went really well, I was in work & was doing my best to stay away from the vet suite even though I was dying to go in & watch surgery! Immediatly Lucy's op was over I was radio'd to say it had gone well & that she was coming round. I left it about an hour & then popped my head round the door & there Lucy is sitting in her cage as if nothing has happened to her! - unlike poor Max the GSD in the cage below her who was still snoring his head off after his neuter!

Anyway, I left work with Lucy & she slept all the way home, ate a small boiled fillet of coley & went back to sleep on my chest on the sofa (as my head was killing me by then!)

Lucy & I went to bed around 10pm as she was a little shaky so I didnt want to leave her down with Cass & Sparky & I had to go to bed as my head was making me feel sick. Mark came home from the match 7 told me (in his drunked state) that Lucy was very quiet downstairs - before he turned the light on & saw her asleep in my arms!

She has the neatest little wound, with internal stitches, it almost looks healed today - I know it's far from it but it isnt swollen or anything so im hoping she will leave it alone, im going to pop out & get a baby grow in a while as I have to go to work tomorrow, I have someone to pop in to check on her too!

That's great. I'm so happy that it has all come out well for you and Lucy. Such a relief when they are back home and we can see that they are OK.

Just had a great laugh at myself in Dunnes Stores.

I popped over for a few bits including a baby grow for Lucy, bearing in mind im about as maternal as ...... well the most un-maternal thing you can think of! I couldnt find the baby section 'cause ive never ever been in it! So I had to ask where it was icon_whistling then when I found it there was a large selection of baby grow type things (well large to me!) so i had to take one of almost everything out of the packets & decided on 'short sleved baby grows' (which of course came in the smallest amount of 5!) - then there was size:lpy: So again I have about 3 differant sizes in my hand when some woman comes over to ask about 'the baby' (probably 'cause ive been at the same stand for aout 20 mins at this stage!) so I had to lie & say a friend had just had a baby but I hadnt seen her (as I had pink things in my hand!) yet.

So, I came away with 'newborn' size as Lucy is tiny (4.5kg) - this of course didnt fit when I got home so then as I had had it on Lucy I was undecided whether I should take it back or not....... I decided to as Lucy is very clean & anyone I know with kids allways washes everything on almost a boil wash before it gets anywhere near the child. So, I find myself back in Dunnes with the next size up (0-3mths) to exchange them - the woman on the counter still asks me about 'the baby' - of course by now Im dying to say it's for a dog - but didnt in case they wouldnt exchange!

Hilarious!:lol:

:rotfl: that is hilarious,,,I hope that lady isn't on here!!! hehehe imagine her face if she was!!

Seriously, I am delighted that she has done really well, and that it hasn't taken too much out of her. Penny was nurtured the day before we got her, and you would never think she had anything done to her, she was (and still is) a live wire!! Hopefully your Lucy will be the same...give her a cuddle from me-glad your head is better today cl*p

Thanx!

It's little over 48 hours after surgery now & she's 100% back to normal - ive had to stop her playing with Sparky several times already since I got home!:lpy:

Back