Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how much does your cavi weigh??

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default how much does your cavi weigh??

i was just wondering what everyones cavi weighs?? bentley was 11.3 (now i cant remember whether the vet weighs in lb or kg) but he shouldnt weigh over 10 so we're on a major health kick as he's only goingto be 2 in july and i dont want to risk his health.

however i was curious as to how much everyone elses cavi weighs.......???

xx

Post Thanks / Like

Penny weighs 7.5lbs...but she is tiny & only 11 months old! Not sure she wil ever grow!!!
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Your vet must be weighing in kilos, 11.3 lbs would be a very small full grown cavalier.

Guinness weighs 13 lbs (about 6 kilos), but he's only 10 months and still has some growing to do.

Post Thanks / Like

My girl is really petite, she's 10lbs now. She is 1 year, 3 months old. Not sure if she will get much bigger, she's been around the same weight for about 3 months now. Her parents are both of normal cavalier weight (16 &18lbs if I remember correctly). She was the smallest in the litter. Her siblings are all around the 14-15lb range.
    Last edited by Erin2854; 25th June 2010 at 04:41 AM.
    Erin aka Mommy to Polly (Blenheim) 3-30-2009 And Cat children, Salem, Emma & Ellie
    The love of my life
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    Tobey- I miss you terribly my sweet boy. We will be together again

Post Thanks / Like

Cassie is 4.5 kilos at 19 weeks, Barney is around 12.5 kilos.

Please don't go by the charts as Cavaliers vary a lot in size. Barney is on the taller end of the scale, if I went by the charts he'd be like a rake!!

You should see a waist and be able to feel the spine and rib cage without the protruding.

Having said this a recent study says that dogs at the lighter range or "normal" weight are living longer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I agree... every Cavalier is different.

As long as there is a visible waist and you can easily feel the ribs and spine they are fine!!
    Ruby weighs 10.2 kg- she has lost some weight and although Id like to get her just under 10 kg for the summer for her own sake she certainly looks good!
    Charlie on the other hand is only 7kg- he is visibley thin and I would like to get some weight on him still but the fact that he isnt gaining to me says he isnt ready yet and ive stopped obsessing about it now. He will gain in his own time im sure!!

Karen

Ruby - my stunning soul mate who defies the odds every day
    Charlie- my angel at heart and devil at play

Post Thanks / Like

There is lots of variation
    Last edited by Teresa; 27th May 2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: too much wine!! lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Soushiruiuma View Post
    Your vet must be weighing in kilos, 11.3 lbs would be a very small full grown cavalier.
    The standard for a Cavalier is 12 - 18lb.

Dylan is 7.20 kilo. Poppy is 10.5 kilo, she is very heavy but not at all fat.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

I agree-It really does vary! My girl is small at 10 pounds but she's always been petite. She is the perfect weight for her frame, she still has a little filling out to do.
    Erin aka Mommy to Polly (Blenheim) 3-30-2009 And Cat children, Salem, Emma & Ellie
    The love of my life
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    Tobey- I miss you terribly my sweet boy. We will be together again

Post Thanks / Like

Jasper is now 9.2 kilo, the heaviest he has ever been, he is now 10 yrs old, I have noticed over the last two winters he puts on weight and then loses it in the summer when we are out for more walks in the good weather, I have always been very careful with his food intake, but I guess as they get older and less active it`s easy to put the weight on. He has quite a height to him compared to some cavaliers so does not look over big.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 13 and Ollie age 3.