I was reading through a couple of previous threads about the topic of when to spay or neuter your dog. I definitely plan on speutering my Cavalier.

One breeder I feel pretty good about however wants the dog fixed at 6 months old, stating that females will have a 99% chance of never developing mammary cancer, and that waiting until the growth plates close is an old wives tale.

I was really hoping to wait to spay or neuter until my dog was at least 10 - 12 months old, and I believe if I wait longer then my contract may be voided. I am not sure however because I have not asked this breeder's opinion on what would happen should I decide to wait longer. I don't want this to be the reason she decides to not sell me one of her pups.

Help!