Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dog Strollers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amanda L View Post
    What a good idea to convert a childs buggy, I am looking to get a doggie stroller, unfortunately , its time, but seeing your two cavvies looking very happy in it,and reading the other replys has given me hope that she will enjoy it. Can i ask if was it difficult to do, to convert the buggy, its proving very difficult to source one here!
    If you look in a second hand shop, buy one that holds the baby and has another layer underneath for shopping and stuff....get rid of the bit the baby sits in and strengthen with some ply or something stiff the bottom bit , finish with a nice fluffy rug fit for their Royal Bottoms
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE our stroller!! I originally got one when kosmo had a knee surgery (bilateral) and he was unable to walk and even if he did it was random as to how far he could go (some days 5 minutes other days 10) and so for the rest of the walk, I'd pop him in and we'd keep going. Now that he's healed, I have found I am still using it.. Faith got a skin biopsy the other day and was all groggy when I picked her up so she rolled and Kos walked, and I took them to the garden center and pushed them with one hand and pulled the cart in the other.. LOL Tomorrow I'm going downtown to a big festival (woofstock!) and there are TONS of dogs.. I will bring the dogs with the stroller so, like you, I can pack everything and still let them enjoy the show We got the jeep orginally but now have the AT3 as well - I LOVE the At3 for big crowds Good luck!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

You can get a dog stroller in the pet store in blanchardstown, it looks really cute! Not sure what it costs though?!? I wouldn't have been a fan of these but you guys are right to use them when they can't walk far anymore, just to get them out, you've converted me

love the photos Tania
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3]I've been thinking the same thing as everyone's posts! I thought how silly they were, but now that I have my Cavalier & we go to so many doggie events (I'm a dog trainer) I think it would be nice to give him a break. Now, my guy has big jeans, and is 25lbs! Not overweight either. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    Any recommendations on which companies you liked?? Thanks~
    Tonya & Dexter
    Toledo, OH

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Tonya,

I think it really depends on how many dogs you're putting in the stroller and for what it's intended use is. I went to www.justpetstrollers.com and read those reviews and then youtubed a few of them to see how they worked. At first, I had the Jeep Rubicon jogging stroller but I see they stopped making it. It is beautiful and sturdy but because it's a jogging stroller you have to lift it up to turn corners.. not so convenient in crowds.. I actually found an AT3 stroller on Kijiji and really love it. It's great for crowded areas and I took my dogs to woofstock this year in Toronto (TONS of dogs and people!) and they were pleased as punch. It's really handy for events like that. Petgear is the brand on that one.

Good luck with your search!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

Great! Thank you for the links, I will check them out. It's just Dexter.
    Tonya & Dexter
    Toledo, OH

Post Thanks / Like

this was my Sam in is stroller I would use it again if needed
    ---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, so cute!
    Tonya & Dexter
    Toledo, OH

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog stroller

I would definitely recommend a dog stroller. I got one for Buster my cavalier when his heart
    disease, syringomyelia and hip dysplasia meant that he could go no further than a few yards.
    I took it with me everywhere and at first I did feel a bit daft and some people made comments.
    However, Buster took to it very well and it meant that he could enjoy the outdoors whilst sitting
    in comfort.

Post Thanks / Like

It sounds like Buster is one lucky pup. Thank you for sharing your experience. ~Tonya
    Tonya & Dexter
    Toledo, OH