Thread: Irish cav rescue dogs

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Irish cav rescue dogs

I am also likely to have these dogs seeking homes:

• Louis, a 6 year old ex-stud and show dog. Lovely personality, likes other dogs and kids but probably female and not male dogs... May need some housetraining work.
    • Another male, 2 years old. Cannot be homed with male dogs; may be fine with a girl. A neuter may also resolve his issues with boys!

I should have more information on these shortly.

I am likely to have:

• A young female cavalier who is blind in one eye and part-blind in another, from a bad situation. Working to get her to safety. Would need a very kind home and TLC. I am waiting on more information about this poor thing. A home with at least one other dog would be ideal as dogs with poor sight greatly benefit from having another canine pal to take queues from and follow around. I don't know too much about this one yet. An adult home or teen kids only would be best for her from what I hear but I have very little detail and no actual vet assessment at the moment.
    Last edited by Karlin; 30th May 2010 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Irish Cavalier Rescue
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a really busy spell for you just now Karlin, keeping our fingers crossed foe you that none are waiting too long for their forever homes
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

Hope you get them sorted soon Karlin. I can help with the wee blind girl if needs be - sucker for the poor wee "oddballs".
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks very much -- am waiting to learn more about the part-blind girl.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

I offered to help with the part-blind girl. I'm off on leave from Thursday to next Wednesday and won't have access to internet. I tried to pm my contact details but your mailbox is full [naughty, naughty] so have emailed to ICR email. If you hear anything about her let me know and I'll be down like a shot
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like

Any update on this wee girl Karlin?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Never heard back from the rescue connection. So probably sorted or I am sure they'd have been back on right away. Trying to contact the relevant individual though.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully she's lying on her own sofa by now