• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My resignation from the uk ckcs club

Bet

I have been a Member of the UK CKCS CLUB for over 20 years , but had read yesterday on the CKCS Club WEB SITE the names of the Newly Elected Committee Members.

Due to certain things on a Cavalier Public Forum on the Internet, said by some now on the Committee about me, I have contacted the CKCS Club Committee saying I have no wish to continue being a Member of the CKCS Club and have Resigned .

I explained to the Committee the reasons for my Resignation which I asked to be read out at the next Committee Meeting.

I felt that there was no option for me but to Resign due to certain things that were said which caused me a lot of distress.

I am sorry to have had to take this step, since I was involved over the years in collecting the Ages of Long Lived Cavaliers ,whose ages were from 12 Years upwards ,also the Ages of their Sires and Dams that I was able to find out about .

This List is held at the Kennel Club Library ,London.

Also many 5 Generation Pedigrees and Photos of Cavaliers from 1929- 1949.

I was also involved with Professor Michell ,who had used the List of Long Lived Cavaliers to compare them with the ages of other Dog Breeds .

Finally I was involved in getting the ages of Long Lived Cavaliers on the Club Web-Site.

Bet

So sorry you felt you had reached such a frustrating point, Bet. The materials you have assembled over time and the direct information from the early breeders you spoke to and recorded, when few others were doing this and recording their memories, have greatly benefited the clubs worldwide and breeders internationally and of course were central to both heart and the current SM research. Indeed without your pedigree collections and background information I doubt we'd be so far along now in understanding some of the critical health problems in the breed -- as enigmatic as MVD and SM remain, with so much to be discovered, we'd be years behind where we are now without those pedigrees which formed the basis of research. :flwr:

Of course you needn't be in the club to contribute or work towards a better future for the breed. Sometimes there's a lot more you can do outside a club than in it. (y)

My Resignation from the UK CKCS CLUB

So sorry you felt you had reached such a frustrating point, Bet. The materials you have assembled over time and the direct information from the early breeders you spoke to and recorded, when few others were doing this and recording their memories, have greatly benefited the clubs worldwide and breeders internationally and of course were central to both heart and the current SM research. Indeed without your pedigree collections and background information I doubt we'd be so far along now in understanding some of the critical health problems in the breed -- as enigmatic as MVD and SM remain, with so much to be discovered, we'd be years behind where we are now without those pedigrees which formed the basis of research. :flwr:

Of course you needn't be in the club to contribute or work towards a better future for the breed. Sometimes there's a lot more you can do outside a club than in it. (y)

My Resignation from the UK CKCS CLUB.

Karlin ,

Thanks so much for your Post. It is very much appreciated. This has been a Worrying day for us, SUZY had to go to the Vets this morning to get some teeth out and get them cleaned ,but the Vet has just phoned , she has come through every-thing fine, I guess I will sleep to-night.

Back to the UK CKCS Committee ,I really think in the future it will be fine for running Cavalier Shows , but for the most important aspects of the Cavaliers' Health ,this will now be being taken in hand by the New Independant Advisory Council,so I don't think the CKCS Committee will have much say in what has to be done for our Health-Wise for our Cherished Cavalier Breed.

Bet

So pleased that Suzy is ok Bet, always a very worrying time.:(

I too am sorry that you felt you had to resign, but do understand your frustrations. We are extremely grateful for everything you have done in the past, it is been a great contribution and I am sure we would not be where we are without your outstanding contribution.

I hope that you will continue to be involved with the breed for many years to come

Hello Bet

May I also say a big Thank You on behalf of Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie ,Lily and cavaliers all over the world for all your dedication and hard work regarding M.V.D. and many health problems that beset our breed ,it is your great contribution over many years that we all as Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Pet Owners have so much admiration and gratitude for.

Keep On Plugging Away Bet:)

Sincerely
brian :)

My Resignation From The UK CKCS CLUB

Hello Bet

May I also say a big Thank You on behalf of Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie ,Lily and cavaliers all over the world for all your dedication and hard work regarding M.V.D. and many health problems that beset our breed ,it is your great contribution over many years that we all as Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Pet Owners have so much admiration and gratitude for.

Keep On Plugging Away Bet:)

Sincerely
brian :)

My Resignation from the UK CKCS CLUB

Thanks for your comments ,they sure have made my day.

We got SUZY back about 3 pm , she was Wobbly , but now she has got stuck into her Chicken and Rice.

Fleek,he who must be Obeyed?????,wev'e argued about getting Suzy's teeth done for many months, I was scared because of the Aenesthetic for her ,but it came to a head yesterday,Fleek put his foot down, so.....

I said to David our Vet, just about drive him round the bend as well some-times, that if I come back Reincarnated ,no Dogs the next time, but he said he did'nt believe me ,and you know what, I guess he is right !!!!

Bet

Hi Bet, Glad Suzy is ok, I understand how you must have been feeling, being parted from these precious little dogs for these procedures can cause a great deal of anxiety.
I echo previous posts and thank you for all the hard work you have done over the years. kind regards and lots of licks and hugs from Molly, Dougall and Dotty cl*p

Back