Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what do you think??

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tanztanya View Post
    We are leaning towards getting a rescue rather than a puppy. I'm keeping an eye on the boards here and am going to contact the local cavalier rescue place when I get back from holiday mid july.

My dad was saying that he wouldn't want to pay hundreds and hundreds of pounds for a cavalier puppy who could easily find a home when there would be a homeless cavalier who needed us somewhere.... so obviously thats tugged the heart strings!

I think it's shocking that some breeders get away with breeding and not having all the pups checked... then are ignorant to the health issues saying it's 'unnecessary panic'.
    Hi Tanztanya,

My first Cavalier Rudee lived to 12 tears and 9 months. She was on Vetmedin and furosemide from age 5 onwards.

Taking on a rescue is a totally different journey and one I would recommend whole heartedly . It's all the little things that happen , that you don't expect from a rescue; like playing with a toy for the first time or walking proudly and confidently up to a stranger ........................ exhilarating moments!!! I can honestly say, with my hand on my heart, that taking a rescue Cavalier into your home has got to be one of the most rewarding experiences ever.

Whatever you decide , I wish you and your (soon to be) new charge the very best
    Last edited by Claire L; 4th June 2010 at 10:00 AM.
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

I find it absolutely disgusting that anyone would make that misleading of a statement about Cavalier health. That's just so incredibly sad.

On another note....I think it would be wonderful for you to get another dog. You were so good to Cookie, I just think of how much love you have to share with another dog. Good luck on finding your next compansion. Wishing you tons of luck.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah