Thread: Sturdibag carrier

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Sturdibag carrier

Guinness and I are flying to NJ next weekend, so I've purchased a Sturdibag for the journey. It arrived today, and WOW. It's exactly what I want in a carrier. It's lightweight, roomy, sturdy, flexible, well ventilated, and has great safety features - it buckles into a car, has a d ring and short strap to clip to a harness so your dog can pop his head out the roof but can't escape, no sharp edges inside, and high quality fleece pad for comfort.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sounds really nice. Do you have some pics, or a link to the bag?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I found them on Zooplus http://www.zooplus.co.uk/ask?query=s...20&form=search
    Looks like a really good carrier for flying {under seat}
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, how'd you like your carrier in the plane? I'm looking for a new one for Kosmo & Faithey, and am not quite sure what one I'm going to buy yet. Thanks!
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The carrier was excellent on the plane! It was roomy enough that Guinness had plenty of room. When we got on the plane I had an aisle seat which didn't have enough room, so I switched with the man in the middle spot, and the carrier fit perfectly, it slid right under the seat and completely filled the space.

Guinness didn't like it, but we didn't have enough time to acclimate him to it. It's so nice, I'll probably start using it as his car carrier instead of the hard kennel he has now.

Post Thanks / Like

i've used the large Sherpa bag on a plane, but it doesn't really fit under the seat so I'm interested in this one. How big is Guinness?
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Guinness probably weighs about 14-15 pounds now, he isn't quite full grown but I expect the large size would fit dogs up to 20 pounds quite easily. The company uses a blenheim to advertise the large size, Guinness seems to
    be slightly smaller than that dog. I tried to snap some pictures but it just looks like a black bag, which isn't very helpful.

I had a Sherpa carrier a few years back for a cat, so I know exactly how badly those fit under seats. This one actually fits completely under the seat.