• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fundraising Event Idea

tanztanya

Hi,

I have been thinking for a while that I really want to do something to support Rupert's Fund or Many Tears. I'v put a box together for Many Tears but that doesn't seem enough.

I have a few ideas to share and feedback would be very much appreciated as I am just brainstorming at the moment.

I was thinking about a Sponsered Dog Walk in Richmond Park followed by a big picnic. I have also emailed a few professional photographer friends of mine to see if they would donate their time. I can also arrange excellent quality photo canvases to be made (about £10 cheaper than shops charge) and maybe mousemats. All profit will obviously go towards Rupert's Fund. I was thinking even if people had photographs at home that they wanted to email me then I can arrange for them to get put on to canvas.

Then something for the kids such as mini games and facepainting.

Also, I have asked a friend who has a cupcake business if she could donate her time to sell cupcakes and she said yes, obviously I would just have to pay for materials. I can also go to the wholesalers and get sweets, drinks etc.

Maybe a raffle??? I could email some well known dog book authors to see if they would donate signed books?? maybe sell dog treats? Also perhaps Cavalier Bag's For Life as they aren't that hard to make, just purchase the bags then use some photo transfer paper.

Ohh and I was reading the post about a dog cookbook. i don't mind arranging to get that printed and spiral bound as that could be another thing to sell??

This would all depend on the involvement I get from members on here. How many Cavalier member's live in South England? I know there is a local SM support club and a weekly cavalier meetup in epsom that i could contact. as well as getting my local vets, groomers and pet shops to advertise.

I used to write press releases for the local paper a few years back so I can see if they would get involved.

I was thinking late august/early september time. That gives me july and august to plan ...which is handy as I will not have any university classes then (apart from starting my dissertation) and can arrange around work.

Hi there Tanztanya! I'm really surprised that this thread has been revived... since I tucked it in and let it fall asleep quite a while back. In addition, I was going to put it off until September when the weather might be more mild; just in case there are dogs who cannot take the heat so well, etc. I am big into baking and was thinking of having a cookie/cupcake/coffee thing also to coincide with the Sponsorship Walk. This was an idea I had for somewhere in Dublin (or a few other cities), Ireland... but it would be really great if we could have something simultaneous, it's just that I couldn't do it all by myself... I was thinking about the logistics of it all, you know? That's great that you could have some helpers. I just thought it would be a good event to get the word out there and perhaps for cavalier members to meet and join together for something so many of us care about.

I got your PM but haven't gotten to answering it yet... but since I'm here answering you now, guess that's not needed at the moment.:)

You have some good ideas and I would love to do something too we've just gotta rally the troops. I was told that Facebook is a good place to do that...

I've had a quick look on facebook and there are so many cavalier owners and groups on there so can send messages round. Also there are quite a lot of dog companies by us that do doggydaycare and walking so can message them too.

September time would be better, but I think we need to have a rough idea of how many people would be able to make it so we know how much to arrange. I think the baking idea would go down really well.

Richmond Park is just on the boarder of London but is really easy to access and park. Its 2500 acres too so there will be plenty of space for all the dogs to have a roam.

I need to check with the park about guidelines, apparently if it's kept quite informal then it's ok, but depending on numbers, i may need to fill in a few forms.

What a fab idea :) Unfortunately, I'm up North :(

But by all means if there's anything I could do, even if it helps that little bit, I would be more than happy :)

R
x

Oh wow this is fantastic - it would be great if we could get some more fundraising events going.

I have been putting together the recipe book - I am planning on creating it as a PDF and selling it like that, but if you are having an event and could arrange to get it printed that would be even better!!

It sounds like you have some good contacts which would be useful - there was a thought about an auction online which might be a good way to raise money. Otherwise it could be done as online and at an event - taking online bids until a certain time, I know that's been done before.

Sounds like you two could perhaps talk to each other...

Well I could get the recipe book spiral bound with proper cover etc. so it wouldn't be too difficult to print and put together. I've been meaning to buy a binding machine anyway and it doesn't cost much for the spirals and plastic covers.

I was also thinking about pens, keyrings, bags for life, coasters, note cards and fridge magnets. Could perhaps set something up online so that people can emails their own pics or one of ours or even rupert?? a photo on one side and perhaps a quote on the other??

Would member's from here want their pets pictures on any of the above?

If it's popular then in the event we can set this up too, with ones they can buy there, get pics the photographer can take or even give them website details so they can email a pic over.

I have looked at various fundraising sites over the years, they often have ideas for schools and PTAs.

I have occasionally wondered if it would be worth looking at producing something like a tea towel.......... People donate to put their dog's name or photo (depending on what people will pay) on the towel, Rupert's photo in the centre.

Or, parents pay to put their children's (small )drawing and/ or a child's written name of the family cavalier.

The idea is of course that then the owners/or proud parents pay for a teatowel or two.

If anyone has an arty crafty leaning and wants to pick up on the idea and see if it is feasible....... be my guest.

Back