Thread: Article in Dogs Today Magazine (July)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Article in Dogs Today Magazine (July)

I`ve just got my copy of this months magazine and was delighted to see a great article featuring Margaret C and covering the Collection Scheme, Ruperts Fund, Tania`s Cavalier Matters and our own Cavaliertalk! A thought provoking read for those not already members of cavaliertalk!
    Congratulations again to Margaret, Karlin and Tania - I feel proud to be involved with you all! Thank you from "just a pet owner who is passionate about Cavaliers".
    Christine
    Spangle born 24/11/07 (Blen)
    Poppy (Blen)who went to Rainbow Bridge aged 13 and a half.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds brilliant! thumbs up!
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh that's great news - it's due out in the newsagents on Thurs

For our overseas members - or those who can't get it in a local newsagent, you can order online - but not until Thurs! http://www.dogstodaymagazine.co.uk/dogsmag.php
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Well done Tania,Margaret,Karlin & Nicki what fantastic publicity,ive had a grin on since i grabbed my copy off the doormat earlier! Really big pat on the back to you all
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like

Just started to read this now
    --Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh thanks so much for the heads up! They rang me a while back; I didn't realise they were going to mention anything about CavalierTalk as I was mostly explaining about Rupert's Fund. I will have to check for the latest issue at Eason's here. Hopefully it might help with a few donations and also inform some cavalier owners who might have prospective scanning candidates about the fund. t's wonderful that so many aspects of the broad push for cavalier health were included in the piece.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Great publicity for Rupert's Fund, and hopefully some more owners of SM cavaliers will learn about the Collection Scheme.

On the Dogs Today website there is an Editor's blog, and today they are asking...........

Do you have a mature dog you'd like to honour?

Our Golden Oldies pages have a space waiting for your dog's story and photo!"

So if you want to win your Golden Oldie a doggie muffin, click on to http://www.coldwetnose.blogspot.com/
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Also on Dogs Today website

On the Editor's blog there is a link to this petition

It is not cavalier related, but it is certainly a petition that deserves as many signatures as possible.
    http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ban...ure-dachshunds

"In January 2007, the UK Kennel Club agreed that the mandatory weighing of miniature dachshunds should cease "as soon as possible" - a decision taken to "remove the perception in the minds of many people that some dogs are deprived of food and/or water prior to competition, in order to meet the maximum weight requirement for Miniatures as outlined in the Dachshund breed standard." The Kennel Club also ruled that dogs could no longer be weighed at Crufts, its flagship show. However, it continued to allow the dachshund breed clubs to weigh dogs at other shows. As a result, some exhibitors continue to deprive their dogs of food and/or water prior and during competition. Some may also use laxatives, diuretics, thyroxin and even insert implements into the rectum to encourage dogs to defecate in order to keep them under the maximum weight of 11lbs (5kg). Despite many complaints to the Kennel Club, and considerable adverse publicity, the KC has continued to permit weighing at shows other than Crufts - unfortunately persuaded by influential members of some breed clubs who want to continue weighing. This petition is to ask the Kennel Club to ban the weighing at all KC-endorsed shows and we hope all those who care about the welfare of these little dogs will give us their support."
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Petition signed - thanks for sharing this Margaret, I knew they had stopped weighing at Crufts but did not realise it was still allowed at other shows it's just shocking - these people are supposed to care about and love their dogs, and yet they are starving them and withholding water - pure cruelty.

If someone spoke to them about a pet owner withholding food and water, they would be highly critical

On a better note, it's fantastic that Dogs Today have featured the Collection Scheme, Rupert's Fund, Tania`s Cavalier Matters and our own Cavaliertalk - and of course your own interview, Margaret I have yet to obtain a copy - if I can't get it locally it may have to be Sunday when I go down to Inverness...

BTW a local lady who knew Rupert, saw me the supermarket the other day and started talking about a website with Rupert on it, she had seen about it in the Telgraph, Pete Wedderburn's column, so that was fantastic!! She knew taht Cavaliers suffered from this problem, having known Rupert and Teddy - but I was so pleased that she had read the article and realised what we were trying to do.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org