• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Article in Dogs Today Magazine (July)

Spangly

I`ve just got my copy of this months magazine and was delighted to see a great article featuring Margaret C and covering the Collection Scheme, Ruperts Fund, Tania`s Cavalier Matters and our own Cavaliertalk! A thought provoking read for those not already members of cavaliertalk!
Congratulations again to Margaret, Karlin and Tania - I feel proud to be involved with you all! Thank you from "just a pet owner who is passionate about Cavaliers".cl*p

cl*pcl*pWell done Tania,Margaret,Karlin & Nicki what fantastic publicity,ive had a grin on since i grabbed my copy off the doormat earlier! Really big pat on the back to you allcl*pcl*p

Oh thanks so much for the heads up! They rang me a while back; I didn't realise they were going to mention anything about CavalierTalk as I was mostly explaining about Rupert's Fund. I will have to check for the latest issue at Eason's here. :) Hopefully it might help with a few donations and also inform some cavalier owners who might have prospective scanning candidates about the fund. t's wonderful that so many aspects of the broad push for cavalier health were included in the piece. cl*p

Great publicity for Rupert's Fund, and hopefully some more owners of SM cavaliers will learn about the Collection Scheme.

On the Dogs Today website there is an Editor's blog, and today they are asking...........

Do you have a mature dog you'd like to honour?

Our Golden Oldies pages have a space waiting for your dog's story and photo!"

So if you want to win your Golden Oldie a doggie muffin, click on to http://www.coldwetnose.blogspot.com/

Also on Dogs Today website

On the Editor's blog there is a link to this petition

It is not cavalier related, but it is certainly a petition that deserves as many signatures as possible.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/ban-the-weighing-of-miniature-dachshunds

"In January 2007, the UK Kennel Club agreed that the mandatory weighing of miniature dachshunds should cease "as soon as possible" - a decision taken to "remove the perception in the minds of many people that some dogs are deprived of food and/or water prior to competition, in order to meet the maximum weight requirement for Miniatures as outlined in the Dachshund breed standard." The Kennel Club also ruled that dogs could no longer be weighed at Crufts, its flagship show. However, it continued to allow the dachshund breed clubs to weigh dogs at other shows. As a result, some exhibitors continue to deprive their dogs of food and/or water prior and during competition. Some may also use laxatives, diuretics, thyroxin and even insert implements into the rectum to encourage dogs to defecate in order to keep them under the maximum weight of 11lbs (5kg). Despite many complaints to the Kennel Club, and considerable adverse publicity, the KC has continued to permit weighing at shows other than Crufts - unfortunately persuaded by influential members of some breed clubs who want to continue weighing. This petition is to ask the Kennel Club to ban the weighing at all KC-endorsed shows and we hope all those who care about the welfare of these little dogs will give us their support."

Petition signed - thanks for sharing this Margaret, I knew they had stopped weighing at Crufts but did not realise it was still allowed at other shows :eek: it's just shocking - these people are supposed to care about and love their dogs, and yet they are starving them and withholding water - pure cruelty.

If someone spoke to them about a pet owner withholding food and water, they would be highly critical :mad:

On a better note, it's fantastic that Dogs Today have featured the Collection Scheme, Rupert's Fund, Tania`s Cavalier Matters and our own Cavaliertalk - and of course your own interview, Margaret :D I have yet to obtain a copy - if I can't get it locally it may have to be Sunday when I go down to Inverness...

BTW a local lady who knew Rupert, saw me the supermarket the other day and started talking about a website with Rupert on it, she had seen about it in the Telgraph, Pete Wedderburn's column, so that was fantastic!! She knew taht Cavaliers suffered from this problem, having known Rupert and Teddy - but I was so pleased that she had read the article and realised what we were trying to do.

Back