• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Trial Pup

Zumie05

His breeder agreed to allow about a 2 week trial run to see how he works out with us, being an older puppy who hasn't had much socialization. He is 5 months old, and is pretty unsure. Good thing is he is totally happy around people and does well with praise.

Name ideas? So far we have Han. Our cat is named Solo.

Face.jpg

Laydown.jpg

look.jpg

My cat looks weird here because he was stretching as he was walking :rolleyes:
solohan.jpg

He looks a handsome wee chap - it's good of the breeder to offer a trial period, I hope that works out as it's going to be very unsettling for him if you do have to return him :(

It's giong to mean lots of extra work for you - you need to get him out and about, lots of praise when he is confident, but if he appears nervous at all, you must make sure you do not reward that by picking him up, fussing him or talking to him.

If you konw people with older, calm dogs, it would help to try some gentle introductions.

Your cat is gorgeous by the way :D I'm sure they will soon be great friends.

Oh he's beautiful. :D
We got Leo when he was just over 4 months old and all I can say is that as soon as we got him home we knew he was a keepercl*p

Good luck and let us know.

He is lovely, could not imagine giving him back. If the cat is Solo, for 1, think he should be Deuce for 2.

han is a great name w/ a cat named solo. he looks great. hope he works out for you

What a cutie and i love the photos with your catcl*p Hope that your pup works out. I agree that you should take him everywhere so he can get used to people, cars, noisy situations, other animals etc. If you do keep him, find a good trainer who has several dogs in the classes.

Heather R

Oh he is adorable! My Porthos is 5 months old now and has a similar look (barring some mismarking on Porthos' muzzle). I do hope you decide to keep him....he looks so snuggly!

I think Deuce is a good name :) Either that or sky (as in Skywalker) haha

He is absolutely precious. There is no way, I could take him back.....So cute.:)

Two week trial? Don't know how anyone could take back a Cavalier after two weeks... especially a cutie like that! :l*v:

Our Beauregard was not socialized at all, from what we saw. We got him at 8 weeks. He's 'needy' about attention and had food/toy guarding issues at first (still, to some degree four years later)... but never had any problem with people or other dogs. Elvis was roaming with his littermates among lots of other Cavaliers since early on. He stayed with the breeder until 12 weeks, and the difference was noticeable.

I'd think you would have known right off at that age if he was going to have a problem.

Back