Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: carpeted-pet steps

Post Thanks / Like

Default carpeted-pet steps

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere in Ireland or the UK that sells pet steps, I'm looking for well-made pet steps, preferably carpeted, so the doglets can easily get up on sofas and beds, especially for one with syringomyelia. I've had a look on the internet and found ones in the US which would be perfect from petclassics.com, they are the carpeted-pet steps, however, unfortunately, they don't ship to Ireland. Would be great if I could get any information on where to get them
    Last edited by amanda L; 9th June 2010 at 03:54 PM.
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

I bought one of these in Ikea and used it in the bedroom.............. worked a treat and I also bought extra covers for it. It's the basic model but you can buy something more expensive if you wish.

You can also get a footstool for the sofa.
    Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Found these in poshpaws.ie

Pets at home in Belfast have these available to order online but I'm sure if you phone them they could get them in for you or deliver to you.

Claire
    Once owned by Rudeepoohs
    then rescued by CaraMia and Minnie Moo.
    Missing all my girls every day....

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I can't help you find a source in ireland or the UK since I bought mine in the states, but I thought I would share with you what I use. Riley, my SM dog who cannot jump, uses the 4-step stair from www.petstairz.com and loves them. She goes up and down them easily. Madison, who does not have SM or any problems jumping also likes to use them. I didn't even train her to use them - she just followed Riley and seems to like them. They are foam steps covered with shearling and have a non-skid pad on the bottom. The 4-step stair is 17.5 inches high which is perfect for my bed, chairs and sofa. The 3 step would be too short. Although it is made of foam and is really lightweight, it still looks brand-new even after two years of daily use. Riley only weighs about 12 pounds (5.5 Kg) but I also trained Oliver to use them when he had surgery for ruptured cervical discs and he weighs 26 pounds (12 kg). Good luck finding one. It was a great investment for Riley.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to add to my last post and say that even though my steps are foam and extremely light-weight, the dogs have never knocked them over nor have they tried to play with them. That might be more of an issue for bigger dogs than Cavaliers.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

I have just taken delivery of a set of 2 steps from PetPlanet.co.uk
    they were 29.99 free delivery too. They are plastic ,but carpeted and solid but light.
    Argos have them too but you pay postage with them. They do the job OK just gettng dogs to use them now!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Those are all good ideas. Those steps are new to Zooplus!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

everyone for your replies, I've just put in an order for the 2-step from Pets at Home in Belfast (same as the 2-step in Petplanet UK) and the 3-step from zooplus, should have them next week

Riley, my SM dog who cannot jump, uses the 4-step stair from www.petstairz.com and loves them. She goes up and down them easily. Madison, who does not have SM or any problems jumping also likes to use them. I didn't even train her to use them - she just followed Riley and seems to like them.
    Thanks Bev for sharing info, it is really helpful to know how your doglets got on with using them, hoping mine will be the same
    Last edited by amanda L; 10th June 2010 at 08:51 PM.
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

For US members there are a range of steps, plastic and wooden, here too:

http://www.helpingudders.com/petstairs.htm
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com