Thread: Latest Cavaliers at Many Tears

Post Thanks / Like

Default Latest Cavaliers at Many Tears

Semms a while since we heard anything from Many Tears so will just add the following from their website at http://manytearsrescue.webs.com/dogslookingforhomes.htm

PERRY - ID 2645

09-06-10 Perry is a 2yr old male cav cross collie. This charming fella is good with other dogs and a real delight to spend time with and will make someone a very special friend. He has been rescued from the pound and is now waiting patiently for a home to call his own.

BRIAR - ID 2439
    BEING FOSTERED IN KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES, SURREY

04-05-10 Briar is our lovely 6 year old ex-breeding cav, who is looking for her best friend to come and take her to spend the rest of her life with. Briar is quite nervous and is known not to be good with children so we would like to find her a home with either older children or preferably without any. Briar would love a forever home who will give her lots of confidence and love. Also someone that will help her with house training and walking well on her lead.

15-05-10 UPDATE Briar is such a sweet girl. At the moment she seems to prefer doggie company. She loves all our 4 other cavs and snuggles up to them all day. She is so easy to care for, completely clean in the house although you do have to pick her up to put her outside as she is still unsure what she is meant to do. She can be left alone with the others and is always asleep when i get back. Not a peep out of her at night sleeping from 9 till 7 in the morning and again I have to wake her up. Briar loves her walks - she's a little wobbly on the lead but when out she is much more confident lovingly looking up at me the whole time. She is frightened of children and will bark at them so an older home would suit her best. I have to hand feed her at the moment or she won't eat. She does seem quite unfit at the moment but this will improve in time. All in all she is a real sweetie - so good I have to remind myself she is here! This girl will need someone to be very patience so she can trust you.

27-05-10 UPDATE
    Briar has been here for a few weeks and the whole family have fallen for her. She sleeps all night, is clean in the house and so well behaved. She is slowly coming out of her shell and coming over for a fuss in the evening and a cuddle and is more confident out walking. She is still very nervous and is going to need a very gentle person to help her along. She needs enourging to eat. Briar is just a sweet gentle dog we love her to bits it's hard not to.

08-06-10 UPDATE

Briar still continues to be the perfect dog in every way. She is slowly becoming more confident - just small things like now coming over to have her feet washed after a walk instead of cowering in the corner ,happily asking people for a fuss, eating her food without help - these are really big steps for her. She loves her walks and is really fit now. Briar has formed a really strong bond with our other dogs and us and I think this is what has helped her so much. However, that is upsetting for me as I wish she could find her forever home soon so she can continue all these steps to happiness but with her forever family. All she needs is a nice, quiet, relaxed home and in return you will get such a sweet loving gentle girl. So come on guys please don't keep her waiting!

UNIQUE - ID 2545

BEING FOSTERED IN BREAN, SOMERSET

14-05-10 Unique is a very happy 5 year old ex-breeding cav. She is just the sweetest girl and takes huge delight in giving love. This pretty little girl is more than happy to be handled and will curl up in your arms. In her new home Unique will need another dog to help to learn about walking on her lead and also house training, but this bundle of joy will bring much love to any household!

JEZ - ID 2334

BEING FOSTERED IN MALVERN, WORCESTERSHIRE

13-04-10 Jez is a lovely 4 year old ex-breeding cav in need of lots of love and care. She is slightly worried about being handled but is welcoming any love that she can take. She will need a lot of love and another dog to live with as she is very worried when on her own. Jez is a very sweet girly and wants nothing more than lots of cuddles and love. Jez does have a low grade heart murmur which does not need medication at the moment.

14-05-10 UPDATE

Jez has been with me for just over two weeks. She now loves to be cuddled and comes and puts her feet on you when she wants a fuss. She has been clean and dry since the beginning with no accidents. I am having to work hard at getting her to walk on a lead but we will get there. She is the first foster dog that I've had that can't be bribed with treats or chicken. She just doesn't know what they are. I have been trying to get a nice picture of her but she is camera shy and shuts her eyes when you point the camera at her. She really is a lovely lovely dog who I will miss when she goes. Can you tell I am not keen for her to be going anywhere?! So please give her the chance for a loving home that she so deserves.
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Good news for PERRY and JEZ, who are both now listed as "Reserved"

but, for some reason, noone has yet come forward for sweet BRIAR or the one and only UNIQUE.

Here are their Updates

23-06-10 UPDATE

I can't believe Briar has been here 5 weeks and there has been no interest for her. She is such a lovely sweet girl although still very nervous this is improving all the time. I really noticed this when we went to lunch last week to our friends and Briar happily sat and sunbathed in the garden with 7 other dogs and then took herself off to their kitchen to a empty dog bed. She went over to strangers for a fuss and treats, gently approaching everyone. This showed us she is just such a happy little girl who just needs to learn to trust. Just to prove how good she is my daughter who has special needs usually gets no interest from dogs (they tend to stay away from her) but Briar who I trust 100 per cent happily sits with her for a fuss. You really could not ask for more. Briar is 100 per cent clean indoors, she can be left for 3 hours and is usually asleep when I return. She walks lovely on the lead, loves all dogs I just can't say a bad word about her!! So please give her a chance. She will give you so much back in return all she asks for is a warm bed, food and patience with lots of love.

15-06-10 UPDATE

Unique is the perfect house guest, and is living very happily with big and small dogs, she is house trained, sleeps through the night in the front room with the others here, can be left for a few hours either on her own or with the others, travels well, walks very well on a lead, waits patiently for her food, she loves to be groomed, so much so she will nod off during it. Unique does have a luxating patella (a dislocated knee cap) which does mean she walks with a limp. Our experience here of this condition is that we do not operate unless the dog is in pain – which she is not. Whilst it does not stop her enjoying life she seems to know her limitations. I feel very privileged to be fostering Unique she is a very special girl and like all the dogs on his page deserves nothing but the best.

If anyone can help, or knows someone who might be able to, please contact Many Tears via their website

http://manytearsrescue.webs.com/dogslookingforhomes.htm
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

i know many tears has recently had a change with their "friends of many tears" and i think Bill is organising it all at the moment. that might be why they have gone quiet.
    Mommy to Pepper the Guinea-Pig, Adoring fan of Peaches the Blenheim
    http://cirenscall.misi.co.uk/
    http://www.folksy.com/shops/Ciren

Post Thanks / Like

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    I did notice this comment in Unique post. Unique does have a luxating patella (a dislocated knee cap) which does mean she walks with a limp. Our experience here of this condition is that we do not operate unless the dog is in pain – which she is not.
    If a dog is limping that means the dog is in pain otherwise the dog wouldn’t be limping. My ebony has luxating patellas and when she does too much she limps and I know she is in pain. When she had a good rest she is ok again but I know it needs an operation sooner rather then later.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Default Limping dogs

Sabby wrote: If a dog is limping that means the dog is in pain otherwise the dog wouldn’t be limping.

I don't think this is always true - dogs also limp because they don't trust their leg to take their full weight. This is true of my Oliver, who actually has very little feeling in his right front leg and knows it is likely to buckle under him if he asks too much of it, so avoids leaning on it (for example, if asked to wait he now lies down rather than sits - sitting puts a lot of pressure on the front legs). I imagine this could also be true of a dog who knows by experience that putting too much weight on a leg will cause her patella to luxate - so not putting weight on it could prevent pain.

Kate, Oliver and Aled