• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Skippy's 1st birthday

dandelos

It's Skippy's first birthday this weekend (seems like just yesterday when he joined us at 8 weeks old!), but we have no idea what to do to celebrate it. Do any of you folks have any fun ideas or suggestions?

Last edited:
Skippy's a cutie! Our 2 year old Belle just celebrated her birthday about two weeks ago. We wanted to do a party and invite the neighbourhood dogs, but we thought everyone would write us off as certifiably crazy... but I would LOVE to do something like that, if I were brave enough. Instead we had a special adventure walk through the fields of an old abbey and then we gave her a juicy little steak for dinner, all her own... that ONLY happens on her birthday. Oh and we sang Happy Birthday to her... maybe we'll get party hats next year and a special doggy cake... that would be nice.:)

Hope you have a great 1st Birthday Skippy. You are a real heartthrob :l*v:

:jmp2::hppybdy::jmp2:

:mexwav::mexwav:

:lotsaluv:

Awwww what a cutie!!! My girl Polly turned 1 the end of March. We took her to the Three Dog Bakery for some treats, over to the pet store for a few new toys and then took her to the doggie park. Happy Birthday little guy!!!!!

Skippy asked me to thank you all for the birthday wishes! We eventually went to Three Dog Bakery to pick up some treats for him, and then brought him to a dog park (his very first time) for a little romping. Here are some pictures from the park, we think he had a bunch of fun!

As soon as his leash+harness were off, he was off exploring...other dogs of course.

Very shortly after though, he decided to make his donation to the park.

But he was soon galavanting around again.

Every now and then the busybody within him would come alive and he would chase another poor dog.

With all the running around he did need a water break (I've never seen his tongue stick out so much!).

We were amused that even among a bevy of dogs he is still motivated by his treats -- here he is 'waving' for one.

Just before we left he even got to meet a fellow Cavalier, who apparently had been shaved in preparation for summer.

And here he is again with wearing his big birthday smile.

The only dampener to Skippy's dog park experience was when he started playing with one particular white poodle-mix, who for some reason began nipping at his ears. The poodle-mix was basically chasing Skippy all over the park and we could tell Skippy was in distress and no longer playing, but rather was trying to defend himself. The other dog's owner was distracted by a book some distance away so we ended up extricating him from 'the situation' ourselves.

Happy Birthday Skippy, I love the photos was a happy smiley face he has. I hope he wasn't to upset over the poodle ordeal !
:hppybdy:

Back