• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help support Dog's Trust and vote for Pete!

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Pete Wedderburn, the vet columnist and blogger for the Daily Telegraph in the UK and TV3 vet in Ireland (and great anti-puppy farm campaigner!) needs votes to be in the running (pun intended) for this Eurostar triathlon where he wants to raise awareness for Dog's Trust.

He needs your votes over this weekend! The deadline to vote has been extended to Monday. Pete's a great guy and has done a lot for dogs and rescue. b*n*n*

To vote, you just need to register here:

http://www.eurostartricityathlon.com/home-page(en)/view-entry.aspx?id=29515

(I think you have to sign up then search for "wedderburn" to vote for Pete)

There's an official Dogs Trust page that links to it too, which could be a great way of passing the message on to someone else and getting even more votes for Pete:

http://dogstrustblog.blogspot.com/2010/06/pete-vet-wedderburn-needs-your-votes-to.html

He needs to get to 200 votes and is at about 80 right now.

YAY Pete is up to 90 votes - rank 92. There are only 20 entries for each area - so we need to get more votes for Pete.

It's very easy to do - hubby and I just voted :D

I shared on Facebook as well. It would be wonderful to get Dogs Trust and the plight of homeless dogs highlighted in this way! This would be good for both the UK and Ireland as Pete works with them in both places. Pete has also been a supporter of cavalier rescue work -- an all round good guy. :)

I e-mailed just about everyone in my address book, and everyone on the TRPD forum - lots of people replied so hopefully that got lots of votes (y)

Please people keep voting - we're nearly there.

He's up to 163 votes now -- he said he needs 200 votes to go forward so he is getting close!

He's ranked 65th for votes and needs to be in the top 50 to go to the judge's panel for final selection for the tri-city triathlon, to raise money for Dog's Trust. :D Only 15 places away...!!!

If he stays in the top 50 then he will be in for the judge's considerations -- I think they then pick 20 of the 50. That's great news that he is up to 42!

Pete sadly wasn't selected for the final 20 but is on the reserve list so they have asked him to keep training.

Obviously it is not uncommon for people to drop out due to injury etc - and although we would not wish that upon anyone :( , let's just keep paws crossed for Pete that he gets to take part :D

Back