Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anabelle, my precious poodle

Post Thanks / Like

Default Anabelle, my precious poodle

My dear sweet little baby girl has returned to heaven, it all happened so fast, last night when we went to bed Anabelle was fine, when I went to get her up this morning I found my precious baby was gone! My heart is just broken, I can't believe she's gone! I'm glad that at least I was able to give her a few weeks of the good life.

I rescued Anabelle from the Humane Society 2 days before Mothers Day, at 15 years old she had a bad respitory infection, one eye, mammory tumors, and was a tangled mess of dirty hair and bones that nobody had ever bothered to give a name. I couldn't leave her to die like that, so I took her home, cleaned her up, got her healthy, and gave her my heart. She took a big piece of my heart with her, but I am so glad I was able to make her last days comfortable and happy. She died snuggled up in my bed, living the life she deserved. Her poor old heart probably just gave up on her, I knew my time with her would be short, but I was hoping it wasn't going to be THIS short!

Run free, my precious little angel, I will never forget you and your sweet little spirit! Your spirit will live on forever!!!
    Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Also owned by 2 Italian Greyhounds, 2 Afghans, 3 Sphynx Cats, and 1 Ragdoll cat
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So very sorry to read about the sudden loss of your precious girl - she looks beautiful.

You made her last weeks very happy and she knew what it was to be loved and treasured. That is a wonderful gift to give, and you know that she will have passed on happy.

Think of her fully fit now, running and playing with all our other Angels - and thank you for helping this precious darling
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Nicki, she was very special! She was very beautiful, I saw her beauty from day one! Here's some shots shortly after I rescued her, before I was able to get her really groomed, just bathed and brushed out somewhat. She was my shadow, always following me from room to room, always wanting to be held, carried, and loved, never asked for much, just a sweet quiet little soul, I miss her greatly, my dear sweet little Anabelle!

Mommy to Amber (B/T female born 09/2003 ) and Starlight (Tri female born 05/2008 )
    Missing Brandy (Rough Collie), Anabelle (Toy Poodle), and my other furkids across the bridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'm so sorry; that is a very traumatic and sudden loss. But how wonderful that she had some time when she was cared for and loved -- she looks very sweet. So sad you couldn't have had much more time to enjoy each other.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry for your loss and the fact that you had such little time together. At least her last days were spent receiving the love and care she deserved.

Carolx
    Carol

Proud Mummy to Kaley, 9 year old Tricolour
    Sonny ,Blen ( at the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Bless your heart for taking in this senior girl and showing her the good life for at least a while. I'm sorry you didn't have more time together.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry
    A piece of my heart

A piece of my heart is made of you
    A small but vital place
    Full of memories of happy times
    That nothing could displace

It''s nestled in and settled down
    Like a sleepy, winter mole
    It's part of me now, flesh and blood
    And it's connected to my soul

In time it will be pushed aside
    And other parts will swell
    With pets and people and places too
    That I will love as well

But you will always be with me
    So secure and tucked away
    I'll know that you are safe in there
    And we'll meet again some day

And when my heart begins to fail
    Grows old and frail and weak
    You'll still be in that special place
    Until it gives it's final beat
    by Fionna Duncan
    ---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear that Anabelle has gone to the bridge. At least she went knowing what love really was.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry for your sudden loss of Anabelle. She was a real sweetie! Thank God there are people like you to show these poor creatures what it's like to feel loved and comfortable. YOU are an angel to have saved her.

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you everyone for your kind words, it's been a very difficult few days, it's so hard when they leave so suddenly! She was sure a special little dog, and I'm blessed for having shared my life with her for however short a time! I love the seniors, I'm sure they'll be another senior that comes my way, and when that special senior comes aong again, it'll be welcomed into my heart and home just as Anabelle was!