• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Devastated by sudden loss of my 2 year old boy

Thank you, Nastya and Princess Phoebe. Princess...I'm so sorry for your loss, too. This forum has been great, as has my family.

It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since Charlie died and our kids (ages 6 and 9) want to know when we can get another Cavalier. :) I know they miss having a little furball as sweet as Charlie to love.

If you think you are ready I would start to look
, Oh do not say,
"No more a pet I'll have,
To grieve me by it's loss"
And give my place to him.
This is the legacy I leave behind -
Tis all I have to give.

---Aileen

Last edited:
Amy I'm so very sorry you lost your precious boy Charlie so suddenly. My heart breaks for you :hug: Life is just so unfair and downright cruel at times.

Charlie's photo is beautiful - thanks for sharing him with us and I do hope you stay here on CT . I am doggyless too and I find it somewhat comforting to pop in and out of here every now and then just to keep an eye on all the fur babies and help out in any way that I can.

Sending you big hugs ...............

Im so sorry to hear about your beautiful Charlie, he was a stunning little man and it's so unfair that he has been taken away so suddenly and far too soon.
We too lost our first black and tan boy, he was only 18 months old and his loss was such a huge blow to us - your story reminds me so much of ours.
Thinking of you and sending huge hugs your way xxx

I'm so sorry

I'm so sorry to read about your Charlie, and send you my deepest sympathies. I know something of what you are going through- we lost our beloved whisper on June 16th , she got acute pancreatitis that didn't respond to treatment, so the sudden shock is truly cruel I know.
She was rescued from a puppy farm, and I have just been making arrangements to collect another little one who was in a similar situation, -I will be getting her in 2 weeks time. , so that will be 2 months after Whispers passing. The time felt right and so maybe it was fate. I hope the "right time" comes for you too, whatever "right" may be.
Thinking of you. Take comfort from knowing you gave him a lovely life.
Emma

I am so sorry to read this. I feel for you from the bottom of my heart...
God must've really needed your little guy up in heaven... May he rest in peace forever and be in the heart of all those of who loved him . He was an example of pure joy and love.

I am so sorry for your tragic loss of sweet Charlie... I can't even imagine what you are going through. I hope that time will help soften the pain you are feeling.

Back