Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bonnie Ex Breeding Dog-Long post!!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Lucille, it is heart rending to see those pictures and hear your description of the state Bonnie was in. You are wonderful to take her in and look after her and I do hope she will quickly improve with both the vet's care and your TLC.

Well done and do keep us posted about Bonnie's progress
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

How sad that dogs are kept in conditions like that and its 2010! :'(
    She is lucky that at least her story has a happy ending!
    Best wishes from Islandica´s Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Bonnie did fantastic at the vet today...the lump is a possible hernia, will know more when they neuter her, if it's not that then it's a soft mass, nothing to worry about! Paul aged her between 8-10, her teeth are worn away, gums included!! Her anal glands were pretty bad but she was as good as gold while he emptied them, he thinks she has lung worm, this is what is causing her blueish Tongue & watery cough....NO detection of a heart murmur!!!!! He listened twice and for a good 5 minutes to be sure...again he will triple check when she goes in for her neuter (approx 3months time) we got her vaccinated too, she is backon Friday for another check up, just to be sure!

We took her to the beach after with DES &Penny & she was a different dog, running along & smiling, I did have a little cry as it was so nice to see her run free & to see her happy...she has been asleep & snoring VERY loudly since we came home, waking up only for her dinner

think I need a sleep myself too as I was so worried about her. Thanks for all you best wishes, and kind words but all of you would've done the same thing
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

Bonnie is a very lucky girl to have found you. And bless you for taking her and giving her all the attention and love she has been missing out on all these years.
    So glad it’s not a heart murmur. Has the vet but her on medicine for the lung worm?
    Hope and pray she will have many years with you.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

WOW that is just great news - it sounded like a mammary tumour so I'm so pleased it's nothing to worry about. Also her heart - great news.

I hope the vet put her on something for the lungworm - they should be able to treat that very successfully.

Bonnie sounds an absolute darling - thank you so much for taking her in, you're a star
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent news from the vet - hope she continues to go from strength to strength. It's wonderful to watch them become the dog they were meant to be - I'm sure the images of her running on the beach will stay with you forever.
    Willow, Bertie & Finn [Blenheim & Tri Cavs],Eden [German Shepherd], Casper [BF Amazon], 2 ex-Bat Hens, 4 Cockatiels & a Barraband in a pear tree

Post Thanks / Like

Yes Paul is putting her on medication for the lung worm, we are old hands at this lung worm thing as Des had it too not so long ago, but he is doing brilliantly after the medication.

Something else I noticed with Bonnie, is she doesn't have any SM signs? It's unfortunate that I don't have her papers otherwise later on I would've allowed her to be MRI'd for the Rupert Fund Research, imagine an 8-10 year old cavvie, with no obvious signs of SM or MVD?!?! She truly is a wonder dog

A few pictures of her yesterday after the vet and helping me in the garden;

Penny fast asleep after her walk yesterday;

Finally Des looking more beautiful by the day

Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like

Thats great news. She looks so happy and content, I love the photo of her on your lap.Chilled or what?
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

How wonderful you have her. I am so glad her heart is ok. Sending you lots of hugs and best wishes. Thank you for taking care of this precious little soul
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow that is great news; how encouraging. Looks like she has every chance for a super life now.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com