Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lucy's Patella Surgery Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Hmmmmm sounds good to me, must get onto them about getting one!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad Lucy is in no apparent pain.
    I bought a Safe and Secure Metal Play Pen from Argos when I had my first Cavalier Pup. Thatís 4 years ago now and then it was £60. I just looked it up and now it costs £89.99. I am glad I got one like everyone says they are great.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it depends on the dog - I've had some that will jump up all the time if they are in an x-pen but are fine in a large crate {42"}.

http://www.petcetera.co.uk/acatalog/...E_PENS_29.html

Precision Exercise Pens -
    are very clever, folds directly into itself but also has a drop pin so that you can easily join it onto a cage etc.

Not sure if they ship to Ireland though.

Seems to be an US company http://www.precisionpet.com/detail.aspx?id=23
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Im actually thinking that about Lucy as she is a real jumper & especialy with the other dogs on the 'outside' I think she will jump. Im not sure of the size of the crate I have but it's a big one - I'd say a springer would be quite comfortable in it.

Ive been back to the vet this morning for Lucy's check up, Fintan is really happy with how the wound is looking & also that she is putting a tiny bit of weight on her food (she is putting the tip of the toe down to 'limp') So he's tole me to keep going as I am & she's booked in to get the stitches out next friday.

Ive also been out & bought more nylabone & a kong bone thing to put treats in as she is getting a bit frustrated in the crate at times. I let her out every hour or so just to have a wee/poo/wander in the grass. Ive kept her away from the other dogs as she did try to play once yesterday when Sparky was out with her - she really dosnt realise she only had major surgery on wednesday bless her. - But I am being very strict with her!
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge