• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Frozen banana

Ciren

i swear i read somewhere that dogs like these in hot weather. how true is that?

cheers ta ladies

I can't speak for the dogs, but I dearly love them, especially when they've been dipped in chocolate.

Bananas are Mika's all time favourite food! She can barely contain herself when she sees us with one. I always have some in the freezer chopped up ready for smoothies and she loves them. I never thought of them as being good for hot weather.

Peaches loves them to, i just wondered if there would be any issue with giving them to her frozen?

What a good idea......we give Leo ice cubes when it;s really hot so bananas will be a real treat for him
(y)

Funny this thread coming up today as i gave Lucy & Sparky banana for the forst time today - never thought of freezing them though!

I do however freeze watered down natural yoghurt for the hot weather & all 3 love that!

Off to freeze the bananas now for tomorrow!:*nana:

Guinness hates bananas, he picks them out of his food bowl and leaves them on the floor for me. I might see how he feels about frozen bananas.

The same animals who love to "clean" the litterbox, and roll in disgusting rotting things find the smell of bananas unappetizing. That is odd, to say the least.

thats odd cause peaches loves rolling in icky stuff, hence the "shoved a paw in a socket" look she is sporting today (i had to bath her after our walk yesterday)

but she also LOVES banana's

Mine love bananas! You can't eat one without sharing, never thought of freezing them, might try them with it, would be good for this weather:)

i did end up giving her one yesterday, took her a while to work it out but she loved it!

small note however, unless you want to saw the skin off when its frozen take the skin off before you put them in the freezer

after reading this post, I bought some bananas yesterday & popped them in the freezer, I will test them with my babies tonight as their after dinner treat with their goats yogurt! I know Des will eat them as he eats everything I give him, no questions asked...he is a good boy. Penny has a delicate tummy & she can be a bit fussy about when she eats, but she loves veggies and most fruits I've tried her with, except strawberries, she didnt like those at all :confused: Bonnie is only getting used to different foods, I don't want to upset her tummy too much with loads of different things, but so far she likes chicken & liver, veggies, she prefers brown rice, she likes yogurt, i will try her with the banana tonight....I will update later :smile:

Thanks for this Ciren, it has inspired me, I was thinking if they do like it, mash some banana & yogurt together and freeze it into their Kongs....what a lovely treat that would be for them (and me!!):D

Back