Thread: Coughing and Gagging

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Coughing and Gagging

Ever since Ella was a puppy she has gagged and coughed when drinking water. It has become worse and I thought is was due to SM but her neurologist along with other people said they never heard of it. I looked on Cavalier Health and I could not figure it out because it is not the snoring etc. She panted some but that was when she was on prednisone which can be a side effect.

I have her water raised but that does not help. I used to have her drink out of a water bottle after her surgery which was better. I can't get it to stop but the strange thing is right after her surgery she did not do this. I hate that she does this because I hope she is getting enough water because she doen not like drinking water because it makes her do this.
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Penny does this when eating & drinking, my vet said it could be something to do with enlongated soft palate as she also suffers with the snorting...I just get her to relax and it passes, it's like something gets lodged each time. I've been told not to worry about it, just to keep an eye on her
    Lucille,

Des, Penny, Bonnie, Zoe & Georgia

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you!
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella