• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Coughing and Gagging

anniemac

Ever since Ella was a puppy she has gagged and coughed when drinking water. It has become worse and I thought is was due to SM but her neurologist along with other people said they never heard of it. I looked on Cavalier Health and I could not figure it out because it is not the snoring etc. She panted some but that was when she was on prednisone which can be a side effect.

I have her water raised but that does not help. I used to have her drink out of a water bottle after her surgery which was better. I can't get it to stop but the strange thing is right after her surgery she did not do this. I hate that she does this because I hope she is getting enough water because she doen not like drinking water because it makes her do this.:confused:

Penny does this when eating & drinking, my vet said it could be something to do with enlongated soft palate as she also suffers with the snorting...I just get her to relax and it passes, it's like something gets lodged each time. I've been told not to worry about it, just to keep an eye on her:)

Back