Thread: help with feeding 2 cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default help with feeding 2 cavaliers

I'm keeping a friends cavalier tonight. My dog ella has Weight issues and will eat anYthing including the others food. I've kept her away but the other willl not eat. I can't leave the food down but how can I make sure to get food to the one I'm keeping. I live in a condo so its hard to keep them apart. I have ellas crate she used after surgery, but I never crate her and I don't know when the other will eat. Thanks
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

We have two cavaliers who get along really well. Our boy Bob is a greedy gut and he'll eat Belle's food and she lets him! So we separate them by crating Belle with her food and Bob is kept in the utility room to eat his. Maybe you can feed one in the bathroom, with the door closed and the other in kitchen if you don't want to use your crate. Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do similar to what Desrae does. My Belle is a painfully slow eater and Prince and now Rosie wolf their food down so I separate them for feeding. Plus Rosie is on prescription food so I dont want Belle eating that either. I have a baby gate across my kitchen door and I just feed one dog on either side of it.
    Siobhan
    Belle (Tri-F) Rosie (Ruby-F) Bismarck (Blenheim-M)
    Prince (At the Bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

I'd use the crate, she won't mind if her food is in there! Or put them in different rooms. I feed Poppy indoors and Dylan outside as he occasionally marks near his bowl. By the time I walk back up the steps from the back door, all of 10 seconds, Poppy has finished her food while Dylan takes at least 5 minutes.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'