• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

help with feeding 2 cavaliers

anniemac

I'm keeping a friends cavalier tonight. My dog ella has Weight issues and will eat anYthing including the others food. I've kept her away but the other willl not eat. I can't leave the food down but how can I make sure to get food to the one I'm keeping. I live in a condo so its hard to keep them apart. I have ellas crate she used after surgery, but I never crate her and I don't know when the other will eat. Thanks

We have two cavaliers who get along really well. Our boy Bob is a greedy gut and he'll eat Belle's food and she lets him! So we separate them by crating Belle with her food and Bob is kept in the utility room to eat his. Maybe you can feed one in the bathroom, with the door closed and the other in kitchen if you don't want to use your crate. Good Luck and let us know how it goes!

I do similar to what Desrae does. My Belle is a painfully slow eater and Prince and now Rosie wolf their food down so I separate them for feeding. Plus Rosie is on prescription food so I dont want Belle eating that either. I have a baby gate across my kitchen door and I just feed one dog on either side of it.

I'd use the crate, she won't mind if her food is in there! Or put them in different rooms. I feed Poppy indoors and Dylan outside as he occasionally marks near his bowl. By the time I walk back up the steps from the back door, all of 10 seconds, Poppy has finished her food while Dylan takes at least 5 minutes.

Back