• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I have to make the most awful decision ever and I dont know what to do.

I'm so saddened by your news. I know your home will seem empty; I know ours' did when we had to put our last golden down. Sending you warm thoughts and condolences.

Heather R

Thank you all for the kind words, Cailum joined the doggy angels this evening around 6pm, he fell asleep in my arms and we brought him home and buried him under the swing in the back garden, I am so upset but I know I made the right decision for him. I couldn't let him suffer anymore.

How sad and sweet. My heart goes out to you along with everyone elses. He is free now, it was the right decision. We're here for you if you need us!:flwr:

Sending you love and hugs from Barney Cassie and I!! It's so hard to loose an animal but I think you did the right thing...Try to take comfort knowing the happy life he lead and that you did your best for him....the happy memories will soften the pain in time...xxx Teresa.

I've only just seen this sad thread and just feel I want to add my healing thoughts to you and your family. There are few things worse than having to decide when to give our precious dogs their wings, but Cailum had obviously led a wonderful life with you and it will be a comfort to know he is still nearby in your garden. I have 5 Bridge babies in mine and I talk to them every day.

Do keep in touch with us all if it will help. We will all be holding you in our hearts
Bloomingroses.gif

So sorry to read this.

Cailum fell asleep in your arms surrounded by love. There could be no better way to go.

I'm sure you made the right decision for him.

Best wishes

Thank you all for the kind words, Cailum joined the doggy angels this evening around 6pm, he fell asleep in my arms and we brought him home and buried him under the swing in the back garden, I am so upset but I know I made the right decision for him. I couldn't let him suffer anymore.

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I know what a dreadful decision it is to have to make because I had to do the same thing in February with my Phoebe. My heart goes out to you.

So sorry to hear about your loss. You made a very brave and compassionate decision and spared him further suffering.Letting him go with dignity is about the best that anyone can do.He was so well loved!
Sins

im in tears reading this. my heart goes out to you. cant help thinking what if it was my dog. its hard to let them go but at least he is not in pain. so sorry for your loss.

:hug:What can I say, a very tough but very brave decision. As people who love our dogs we have to do our best for them.

Back